• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

classic car dealership and garage logo

John Butto

Marlenesworld

not thinking nice girl, thinking sleezy girl. pinup much better. why not have a guy in tight shorter than shorts with his junk hanging out? then we'd be OK:Big Laugh
When the breeze blew in that afternoon and lifted Marlene's trench coat over, the boys either lost their lunch or could not eat for a couple of days.

rjpjr

the first girl was classic pinup, this last one is just a ho, not digging it, ...
Pretty sure you are NOT the target audience!!! :Big Laugh

The layout of the Car and "Octane 66" is stellar and stands well on its own!
The girl is just frosting on the cake.

Joe Diaz

why not have a guy in tight shorter than shorts with his junk hanging out? then we'd be OK:Big Laugh
You know, if the client asked for that I would be offended just as much as when I'm asked to do a woman illustration in revealing cloths. Exhibit A:
114.jpg
Yes this was an actual job.

Jane Diaz

MY only comment when I saw it was wait till the customers mother and wife saw their new logo! It is a father and son team making the decisions at this point but the wife/mom probably hasn't seen it yet. We will see what happens then. I know her! :) She generally "in charge".:noway:

Billct2

See- I told ya Joe, now you're mom's gonna tell their mom and next thing you know Slutty Sally looks like Sister Mary Elephant.

Jillbeans

Girl 2 looks like GiGi.
I liked the first girl better as she looked more traditional. Her pose is more demure, as well.
I like the way the logo turned out because the first one seemed too non-Joe Diaz.
(plain, not eye-catching)
Love...Jill

Marlene

there's a difference between trashy and classy no matter what market you are going after. just pointing it out. of course there are still those calendars with the sleezy girls laying on everything from cars to dumpsters but they are becoming more of a thing of the past

Joe Diaz

there's a difference between trashy and classy no matter what market you are going after. just pointing it out. of course there are still those calendars with the sleezy girls laying on everything from cars to dumpsters but they are becoming more of a thing of the past

I'm not picking on you Marlene, I get where you are coming from... all in good fun. But now I'm curious, I wonder what makes the 2nd girl trashier? I'm not sure if it's the pose, because I've seen the same/similar poses if not worst on your more "classic" pinups. Her pants are smaller in the 2nd one, but her blouse is much larger in that one than the first, and besides bikini bottoms are much more reviling. So now I'm trying to figure out what it is.

If there's any chance at all that this thing might be misconstrued as trashy then just lengthen her shorts to below the butt cheeks and call it a day. This design is way nicer than the first. I feel there is too much bias going on with the ladies. No offense to Jill or Marlene as you are entitled to your opinions.

Marlene

yes, maybe make girl #2 more pinup style than hooker. the pinup girl was probably seen as trashy in her day but now has moved into the world of classic. more modern girl looks like a street walker and I think that is the problem. maybe less a$$ hanging out? it isn't about being offended as it is pretty safe to safe I'm no prude. sorry to beat this to death, just giving you the input asked for. love it so much more than Number 5 robot you started with:Big Laugh