• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Classifieds plug-in. PLEASE get rid of.

ProWraps

fred i love you, but good god. please get rid of the terrible classified plug in for this forum.

IT SUCKS. and that in no way is a reflection on you. please just make a classified board on the forum. it would so much more help and facilitate sales and trades between us. that module SUCKS. plus it doesnt even show on the forum front page. im begging u.

and in the best coloradosigns voice i can muster "it tastes/smells/feels like aids."

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
fred i love you, but good god. please get rid of the terrible classified plug in for this forum.

IT SUCKS. and that in no way is a reflection on you. please just make a classified board on the forum. it would so much more help and facilitate sales and trades between us. that module SUCKS. plus it doesnt even show on the forum front page. im begging u.

and in the best coloradosigns voice i can muster "it tastes/smells/feels like aids."

Oh did you have to read the directions to get your ad placed? It isn't a plug in. It's the only classified ad program on the market that interfaces with vBulletin at all and it has too many advantages to even consider taking ten steps backwards to what you propose. But here's a form you can fill out if you want your ideas considered:

butthurt_report_form.jpg

ProWraps

sorry fred. it sucks.

it asks too many questions, it doesnt integrate for sh*t to the board and it no where near facilitates sales or trade among the board.

i respect the sh*t out of you, and of course i have to say that, but that module is straight garbage.

if you had a regular classifieds board it would facilitate so much more for us. im only telling you this cause i know it doesnt matter but from a user perspective, its real. forest for the trees type thing.

ill get your latent humor. its par for the course. i was just hoping you would evolve. my only intention and continuing intention was to make this board better. i get a good crack about seeing my influence here in your code and your direction (refreshing homepage etc, we can go old school if we need to). but again, i was just hoping to make this site better. if you want to bust out boring lame jpgs of 1998 rants, then i wont make a storming out exit. ill just look for other places to call home. RELUCTANTLY. << yeah i dont want to, but its up to you. ill stop making suggestions if you want. im ok with 2003.

omgsideburns

yeah.. i'll have to go with pro wraps on this one.

i know the threads mean more moderation, but honestly i've looked at the classifieds maybe once.

iSign

sorry fred. it sucks....

i respect the sh*t out of you, and of course i have to say that, but that module is straight garbage.

I've probably been guilty of more than one rant where I made an *** of myself & let the world see me look a ****ing **** & acting all cocksure, as if I don't realize my own damn faults... all the while *****ing at someone else as if my being pissed off, makes them the *******...

anyway, where was I? ..oh yeah... glad I'm not the only one :rock-n-roll:

(oh yeah, that "of course I have to say that" part... pure ******** dude... is that supposed to make your ****ing little ***** session more palatable? ...not working bro)

... i was just hoping to make this site better. if you want to bust out boring lame jpgs of 1998 rants, then i wont make a storming out exit. ill just look for other places to call home....

too bad ya can't be a man and just sneak out this time... this announcement/threat already negates that & turns it into another storm-out exit... might as well just stick around and enjoy the weakass lame mother****ing shithole that suits the rest of us cocksucking clueless lowlife losers... :Big Laugh

iSign

oops... found a few loopholes in the auto-edit prog...
gonna have to narc on myself to alert the admins now...:covereyes:

cdiesel

I **** *** **** **** *** this stupid ***** ****** **** *** that *** ******* *** *** stars ***** **.

ProWraps

sorry i got lost in all the **********************

sorry isign. ill stick around and be the classified mother****er. ill forgoe my silent exit in hopes that it betters the board. **** me, im a piece of **** ****.

bottom line as seen above. the current system sucks.

ps isign. you would have to stoop as a lowlife to meet my expectations. i wont let you get off that easy. just cause you live in paradise ill still envy you.

ProWraps

20 posts. yeah.

nuff said.

i dont do drugs. and no booze here. just a legit consideration for the site.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
And now in other related news:
"Three-pronged" agreement reached in Brussels entails a 50 per cent cut in private banks' Greek bond holdings.

Go stock market go!!!

ProWraps

gac, seriously stick to the topic at hand. this is big ****.

oh so you think you are the **** cause you live in paradise. oh hum de drum. heard it all before.

god i hate you. you just go back to your beautiful seas, youre great coasts, your superior rum, and you WALLOW in your hatred for us main landers. seriously hate your life. heh.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Well Chris, perhaps some serious response is in order. The current classified ad application has some advantages over the forum approach we used to have:

• The ads posted are optimized for search engines and seem to show up a lot better and quicker than do forum posts.
  • The software has a built in expiration for every ad just as one would expect in any other media instead of just sitting there ad infinitum.
  • The software allows the site to get paid for supplying the publishing and exposure to members and visitors alike while facilitating a way to get paid for every ad placed by a non-subscriber member of Signs 101.
  • The software is written by the same publisher that writes our photo gallery software and does a great job with uploaded pictures.
  • Random ads that include pictures are displayed on our home page. The forum software does not have this capability.
  • Our Merchant Directory is 1000% easier to administer now because of the classified ad software.
  • Because the ads and any replies to them do not appear in the forums, we don't have to suffer through members making negative replies to them in the forums.
  • The classified ads get a lot more hits than most here realize while not causing lost reading time for members who aren't interested in any of them.
It is true that the software is not all that well integrated into the forum software. If there were a better choice, I would acquired it in a heartbeat. Your suggestion is not a better choice for Signs 101. The primary problem you are having with them is, IMHO, based on your lack of familiarity with the program's operation. The simple facts are that they do what they are supposed to do, are a lot easier to administer for me, bring in money for Signs 101, and are well supported with help files or by contacting me.

SignosaurusRex

And now in other related news:
"Three-pronged" agreement reached in Brussels entails a 50 per cent cut in private banks' Greek bond holdings.

Go stock market go!!!

Did you hear today that Ellen Degeneres was found dead?
........Yep! Face down in Ricki Lake

:ROFLMAO::covereyes::Oops:

What a Train Wreck!!!

njshorts

man... if you're going to complain about something, complain about forumrunner... now that plugin sucks.

any chance of just getting the vbb mobile plugin, fred? pleeeeeease?