• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions clean removal air release vinyl after 1 week?

petepaz

have to do some graphics on a van for a customer for a show. they will remove after a week roughly. normally i use oracal 3751 for stuff like this but they want to remove in a week and i have seen a few times this material will leave the gray adhesive when removing in some places so need a material with air egress and clean removability . any suggestions????

petepaz

may have left out one important detail...haha
they have to drive the van to Rhode island from new jersey with the graphics on the van

petepaz

its a Mercedes sprinter and will have cut vinyl lettering approx 24" x 100" and a strip approx 8" x 170" on one side and some logos on the door and hood

unclebun

Cleaning the adhesive of any kind of vinyl is so easy after only being on a car for a week, I would just whatever you are used to using. For the cut vinyl just use whatever you have on hand, and for printed strips and logos use whatever you normally use.

ikarasu

Are you doing a wrap... or just flat graphics?

Use IJ3555. It's whats mostly used on Busses / Skytrains here... It'll stick just fine, but it's a "changeable" film, comes off pretty easy when you try... but sticks on good enough to drive around 10 hours a day without falling off.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yup 3M changeable/replaceable transit films would work for this. They remove perfectly even after months. I would recommend IJ3552c so it can confirm and hold well.

Jb1983

In a week I don’t see hardly any product not removing cleanly. I’d use some cheap calendar film....... it’s a week.
At the very best I’d use ij40c
Why waste money/profit on a job that doesn’t need expensive material.

JLD984

General Formulations Concept 201OAP AE. Says it's permanent adhesive but it removes cleanly years down the track.