• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning Encoder Strip Sensor - SP300

splizaat

Hey guys...reaching out on this one since the local shop is closed this weekend. Hoping some of you actually check this on the weekends :)

I took the encoder strip reading sensor off the print head carriage using a long screw driver from the top. Pulled the eye to the side (while it remained plugged in) and folded a paper towel dipped in rubbing alcohol and ran it through the gap to try and clean any residue off. Then ran the paper towel through dry to make sure it was clean.

When placing the top screw back in, I noticed the screw hole is slotted, so I was a bit unsure on where the eye should be positioned. I assumed the encoder strip should float (centered) between the gap of the sensor and the little red light. Is this correct? Does it matter? Should it touch the side that has the red light or otherwise? Please advise!

Matt

ova

I think there's a pin or line up slot so you can't get the sensor misaligned. Just make positive it is sitting flush on the base and not rocking. This will tell you it's in the correct position.

Dave

anothersign

First only clean with low air pressure (air in a can) but to install it put screw in loose...lower capping station and move heads back and forth making sure the eye dont rub on the encoder as it will damage it if it is touching. PM me if you need help im up and i was a roland tech

Hey guys...reaching out on this one since the local shop is closed this weekend. Hoping some of you actually check this on the weekends :)

I took the encoder strip reading sensor off the print head carriage using a long screw driver from the top. Pulled the eye to the side (while it remained plugged in) and folded a paper towel dipped in rubbing alcohol and ran it through the gap to try and clean any residue off. Then ran the paper towel through dry to make sure it was clean.

When placing the top screw back in, I noticed the screw hole is slotted, so I was a bit unsure on where the eye should be positioned. I assumed the encoder strip should float (centered) between the gap of the sensor and the little red light. Is this correct? Does it matter? Should it touch the side that has the red light or otherwise? Please advise!

Matt

splizaat

So i thought there might be an indent of some sort but there isn't.

Do I just need to make sure the strip floats in there and doesn't touch either side?

anothersign

Correct run in the middle without touching the sides or it will scratch and be junk.

So i thought there might be an indent of some sort but there isn't.

Do I just need to make sure the strip floats in there and doesn't touch either side?