Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning Issue

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Engstrom Graphics, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Engstrom Graphics

Engstrom Graphics sniperhockeydesigns

Roland SP300.

Hit Cleaning and Power at same time - remove the maintenance cover and then hit enter. Head is supposed to move all the way to the left to the open bay - but when I hit enter, it says Close Cover Dry-Up of Head May Give Damage - and it will not move over so I can clean everything.....

Stumped?

Tags:
  2. Engstrom Graphics

Engstrom Graphics sniperhockeydesigns

Got it :)

3. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    +1. Remember this goes into the searchable database. Someone else will need to know even if you did a head slapping stupid thing.

4. Dakotagrafx

Dakotagrafx Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Michigan
    my money is on he removed the cover by the control panel first - not the maint cover on the left

5. ATW

ATW New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    So, im having the same issue as the poster.
    I cant seem to get over it.
    Any help.

I tell the machine to manual clean and when i remove the cover i says something about close the cover to prevent drying up

6. ATW

ATW New Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Canada
    Answer to this.

The arm on the left side of the printer has to be in the upright position. otherwise the display will tell you to close the maintenance cover.

7. player

player Major Contributor

Apr 24, 2006
    Toronto
    I always have to stick a swab into to the mechanical sensor when I remove the main right cover over the display and heads. The sensor is a flat metal spring on the top right.