• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cleaning Rollers on a laminator...

Yeah I gummed them up...what do you guys use to clean them...I was thinking denatured alcohol but maybe its too aggressive

They are red silicone type

seems like an expensive solution...34 (edit: $40) plus shipping...will cleaners hurt the rollers..or just make them too smooth and slip

Last edited:

petepaz

the denatured alcohol won't hurt them, i use it all the time on ours but anything stronger may melt the rubber so be careful or just do a test on a small end area.

sballinger

Iso alcohol and the eraser block is what I've been using for the past 6 years...our AGL rep says we have the cleanest machine he's seen!

signage

alcohol in any rubber product is a big no no, it will most likely shorten the life of the rubber by removing the pasteurizer (spelling) in them.

Imagital

Designer/Installer
I usually use Bestine on a lint free cloth, it's great for removing adhesives and doesn't dry out like alcohol. Then go over it with a DRS Roller to get any leftover crud.

MikeH

Signage is correct. Alcohol will harden the rollers over time. If you must use a product/solution to clean with something like blanket wash used to clean offset printing blankets work and will rejuvenate the roller. Graphic Laminating has a product for cleaning Heat film not sure if it will work on PSA.

Matt-Tastic

You can pick up the glue/gum erasers at Lowes and Home Depot in heir tool section as well. you use them to clean saw blades and files.

If its not built up too much, you can also use cheese/tack cloth or any lint free rag and (maybe) some water.

An eraser will last you years and will be worth it in the long run.