• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Coating Oil Based Paints??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For what it's worth, I don't think we have a single can of it anymore. This was a very fast drying and high pigmented paint really good for billboards and other backgrounds. The clears were just phenomenal. I would get a few cases when a local billboard company would get their paint order and the total order between the both of us would be several thousand dollars. Mine would last me for a while, but they ordered about once a month from a place in California.

I'm not sure if they're in business or not any longer, so maybe that's why so little about them out there. We don't paint near to the degree we used to and not too many billboards are hand-painted anymore either.

Feldspar

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 168

tim99

we been using "finish one ultimate clear" on a lot of oil and enamel based paints. just let the paint dry, light water sand, and clear.

visual800

You need to clear it with urethanes and stop all this Frog Juice, orange juice and waxing and buffing!

Clea it and be done with it. Wipe down with alcohol scuff it up and clear it