• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear repositionable vinyl

Huntin2

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as clear repositionable vinyl that can be Latex or UV printed.

Thanks

Steve

jfiscus

Rap Master
IJ40c-clear is about the closest I can think of and it is NOT optically clear, but is kind of clear and has air release.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Oracal 3620 is classified as removable. It seems to come off pretty clean from what I can tell.

T_K

My client wants to apply it to acrylic and have it be removed without leaving residue behind.

How long are they intending to keep the print on the acrylic? And in what conditions? A lot of the regular, clear vinyls will remove cleanly if it's a short-term application. Also, if it's in a climate controlled space, that'll help with a clean removal too. If you leave it on for a couple years in full sunlight, even "removable" adhesives won't help much.