• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Shield Liquid Laminate

ebproco

HELP! Our laminator is junk and I've usually laminted by hand. Recently I heard about Clear Shield Liquid laminate and have been trying to apply it but can't seem to get it down without bubbling. I'm using the recommended rollers and I've watched some You Tube demonstrations but I'm hoping for some advice in more detail. Any ideas?

J Hill Designs

no problems here with either foam brush or foam roller depending on size - do you thin it? I thin approx 50/50 it smooths out like glass

ebproco

I haven't thinned it. I'll definately try that! Do you use the roller kits from vendors or get yours at a local store.

nwsigns

I have not used it for a long time but used to a lot and had very good success with a pad applicator, you can get them at any hardware store.

ebproco

I just had a lot of luck by combining high gloss with semi gloss. It seems that the high gloss is more touchy than the other. But a combination looks to be working very nicely. I'll try the pad applicator too, thank you.

graphics guru

i use the small pink rollers found at Home depot, think they are 1/4 nap. roll them a couple times cross the adhesive side of some scrap vinyl first. this takes off any loose lint or what not then roll on generously...it will level out on its own. i like the
original formula best