Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

clear & translucent vinyl installed- squeegee marks

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by petepaz, Jul 10, 2020.

1. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    installed some mactac bubble free clear with custom printed color per customer request. now they are complaining about squeegee marks. printed on roland eco-sol printer (pms2130- blue) w/ gloss lam
    any tips or tricks to not get squeegee marks?
    will they fade over time?
    pic attached but keep in mind the outside of the windows are not clean.
    also it depends on the sun/lighting, some times/angles look better than others

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. De.signs Nanaimo

De.signs Nanaimo Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Nanaimo
    Those should go away but without being on site I can't say for sure, maybe give those a week or so for the glue to set up and it will probably look fine. Unless of course a couple weeks have already passed? It's like a curved rear car window with perf, it looks horrible right after installation, but fine after a week or so.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    If I must dry apply this kind of thing, I wet my squeegee and use a lot more force than I usually would. I prefer wet applications for clear or translucents for this reason.

But yea, usually stuff like that goes away after a few days unless it's really bad. Hard to tell from the picture.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Technically speaking, you want to ask the customer to give it a week to let the adhesive to 'wet out'. I find the more terminology and confidence I exude when discussing something like this, the easier it is to get the customer to wait.

• Like Like x 1