• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clear Vinyl for HPL26500

kylebrk

Does anyone know of a good clear vinyl for my latex machine?

I need to do second surface and really want the quality from my hp.

ProColorGraphics

I have printed on the new 3M IJ114-10 with good luck on my L25500.. It is pretty inexpensive too. You just have to turn the heat down to keep the paper from curling since it is thinner.

Suz

Yesterday, I played a bit with my HP Latex printer.... Printed some catalog labels for myself on some material I had already, which was actually overlaminate material. What I used was:

http://www.na.averygraphics.com/pdfs/pd_sheets/pds_hp_dol_2060-2070-2080.pdf
Anyhow, I had no problems with it and my labels look great. I used a self adhesive matte finish profile and set it to print 12 passes. Ink wasn't too thin, it looked fine. The heaters did not curl or blister the material, so I was happy. No jams or head strikes, yay!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you need to do "second surface" but maybe you mean overlaminate on top of printed material? What is the end product you are trying to make?

kylebrk

Suz,

"Second Surface", how I mean it, is to print an image so that it appears to be on the adhesive side. It's really great for mounting an image to the under side of acrylic or on the inside of windows.

I'm working on a bid to re-brand 7 banks and each branch utilizes acrylic pieces. Does this make sense?

kylebrk

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the tips. Im assuming the profiles for each of these are readily available?

Suz

Yeppo! That makes sense now. Have to brush up on my terminology. Haha!
Thanks!

Suz,

"Second Surface", how I mean it, is to print an image so that it appears to be on the adhesive side. It's really great for mounting an image to the under side of acrylic or on the inside of windows.

I'm working on a bid to re-brand 7 banks and each branch utilizes acrylic pieces. Does this make sense?