• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

clear vinyl

elsignshop

hey, :signs101:
Im looking for a clear vinyl to print on, not the static cling, i need the vinyl to be clear with adhesive on the back side. Im printing with Eco-Solvent Inks, thanks in advance, Daniel

petepaz

i use solvex clear perm and get it from fellers the price is good, haven't had any problems but most of the brand names carry a clear you can use i have also used oracal 3164 get that from tyrrell tech

elsignshop

i use solvex clear perm and get it from fellers the price is good, haven't had any problems but most of the brand names carry a clear you can use i have also used oracal 3164 get that from tyrrell tech

do you know the item# on that. the oracal 3164 comes in see threw clear?

petepaz

do you know the item# on that. the oracal 3164 comes in see threw clear?
check their catalog or call them and yes you can get the oracal clear
and the only problem with the printing on the lam is the lam cost more then the vinyl so if you have to order it anyway just get the printable clear vinyl
(but technically i guess the lam and the vinyl are pretty much the same thing)

elsignshop

check their catalog or call them and yes you can get the oracal clear
and the only problem with the printing on the lam is the lam cost more then the vinyl so if you have to order it anyway just get the printable clear vinyl
(but technically i guess the lam and the vinyl are pretty much the same thing)

i tried right now printing on the laminate it looks good but im guessing the ink makes the laminate kind of thinner.

walters signs

These clear vinyls when installed do they look clear or cloudy? Anyone know of an optically clear printable vinyl? or the best they have seen?

Sign Eagle

We have use Orical 210 laminate, and mounted on brushed aluminum and clear acrylic, has always looked clear. If you've not printed on clear, unless you have a printed that prints white, keep in mind inks are translucent and without white the colors are light. If not mounted on a white substrate you can't hold colors.