• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clogged Vacuum Fan

InkjetAuction

Customer calls reporting that the vacuum (SP-300V) doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. Let's just say that all of that paper dust really adds up...

~E

Attachments

• Fan1.jpg
    Fan1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 114
  • fan2.jpg
    fan2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 85
  • fan3.jpg
    fan3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 87

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Wow, that sucks...or perhaps it doesn't. But thanks to you, now it does...good job!

JB

InkjetAuction

It sucks

The service notes are silent on the service life or service interval. I supposr I would take a look at inside every couple of years--or when the suction loss becomes a problem.

I didn't take a photo of it, but the small space inside the printer where the fan blows out was also covered with a substantial amount of paper dust. This is where all of the heater junction boards live.

Anyway, it's easy to get access to the fan (just remove the rear cover) and pull it out (held in with two 3mm allen head screws). However, it's a total pain in the ass to put it back in. You have to line up the fan, a foam gasket and a couple of spacers... but the space is only a couple of inches in height. Not an easy chore of you have a large hand or arm.

It's not a super technical repair, but it's not a quick and easy fix either. Takes a good 30-40 minutes.

~E

pineguy

Had a very similiar issue...

Thank you for this post, we had a similar issue. Somehow a piece of paper made it in the fan making it extremely noisy and causing vibration. This article is the only thing I found on the web or service manual relating to the vacuum fans. Saved us a tech visit and got us back up and running!

SignEx

Thanks for post, I had always wondered if mine was working as it should, took it apart and it was full of lint/fuzz,
I could barely feel the exhaust before , After the fact I can feel it a good 4 ft away, as you said about about a 30 min job,

thanks mark