• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Clothing Line Logo

mudmedia

Hello S101 Community...

Can you guys tell me what you think of a logo i made for a client...Of course its whatever the client wants but I thought you guys would give me some good ideas to bounce off of. He wanted something clean and simple..So this is what I came up with...I have not put it in photoshop yet to give it some effects or what not but wanted to get some ideas.

Im not sure if I like where the "7" Is at...do you guys have any better ideas for it? Its kind of large and just out there....

Thanks For all your input

Attachments

• Lucky7101.jpg
    Lucky7101.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 170

threads1

I'm not going to bash the logo other to say I don't like it. But, being in the embroidery business, you better start thinking about all of the different uses for the logo such as embroidery. What you have there will be O.K. for print but not very do-able for a left chest design unless you get real big and that is another topic altogether.

mudmedia

I appreciate your opinion and choosing not to bash the logo...I am willing to work with it as I have not sent it to the client yet...When your talking about a chest logo....What do i hvae to do to make it better for embroidery and such? Are you talking about use of colors or design?

Thank You

Pat Whatley

I think you need to tell your client to come up with a new name. There's already a Lucky Seven Clothing Company.
http://www.lucky7clothing.com/

If that IS your client then you need to ask him why a fashion designer has a sign company designing his corporate image for him. No offense but it's not something that's in the talent wheelhouse of most sign people.

Jillbeans

First thing I thought of was that name's taken.
Second thing is that someone sure put the squeeze on that 4-leaf clover.
Third thing is that hovering 7.
Fourth thing is that there are a ton of outlines on that thing.

If you are designing a brand name it needs to have some sort of iconic look that can be copies onto labels, price tags, signs, everything. That pretty much looks like "Hey this is a cool font, let's outline it a bunch of times to make it even cooler!"
Love....Jill

signmeup

You need to strip that right down. The last thing it needs are Photoshop effects. I would un-distort that clover in a circle first. Maybe stick the 7 on the clover.

signage

Logo's need the KISS approach! Not the add all the effects you have on hand or ability to create and apply!

Marlene

there just way too much going on and the slant is also way too much. it has no focal point. the problem is all the elements are competing for attention and not complimenting each other. either the shamrock, the font for the lettering or number 7, but not all. the colors are nice.

Craig Sjoquist

i'd drop the shamrock ... whats it have to do with clothing or image
clothing co. a simple plain font and alot smaller
lucky 7 the same font big n bold none or 1 outline w/ shade maybe
simple, easy, clean image is what your looking for

Jillbeans

Assuming you have the go-ahead to use that name, maybe like I said try something more iconic.
It's real easy to make a shamrock shape with a basic circle and some node editing, and a ) for the stem. Not as easy for me to do that "shiny" thing in the center, but bot that and the 7s could be eliminated.
I rarely use italics, just never liked the look.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 142

mudmedia

Lucky Brand Clothing Co.

Is this your client? if not.... hope someone has a lawyer

This kind of stops me dead in the tracks...What would you do...Obviously confront the client before giving them artwork at all...It is supposively a local clothing line starting up so i am certain thats not the client...Even though I dont think it will get that big its still a no no correct...When and if i continue on the logo do i give it to them and let them handle it or is it on me?

Thanks for the input guys!

Pat Whatley

Personally I'd let him know...just make sure you've been paid for what you've already done because the work you've done so far is probably about to be worthless in his mind.

Marlene

yep, let them know that the name is taken. they may not have done their research but itwill be clear that you are a pro who knows what they are doing. you may save them a ton of heart ache and end up with a loyal client who knows that you have their best interest in mind.

J Hill Designs

I think you need to tell your client to come up with a new name. There's already a Lucky Seven Clothing Company.
http://www.lucky7clothing.com/

If that IS your client then you need to ask him why a fashion designer has a sign company designing his corporate image for him. No offense but it's not something that's in the talent wheelhouse of most sign people.

that website pisses me off - do I have to watch a movie before shopping? jeez

signmeup

I know of several shops that legally go by "sign me up". It will only become a problem when I go global. You might inquire about the lucky7 name but I think it falls under "not your concern".

GypsyGraphics

I have not put it in photoshop yet to give it some effects or what not
Photoshop!...slow your roll there... it's already outta control.

name issues asside
Start with a clean vector, if it doesn't work in it's simplest form, it doesn't work

take a look at just the tumbnail (yours & Jill's) even from a distance, one looks like three elements lined up in a row and one looks pulled together.

mudmedia

Photoshop!...slow your roll there... it's already outta control.

name issues asside
Start with a clean vector, if it doesn't work in it's simplest form, it doesn't work

take a look at just the tumbnail (yours & Jill's) even from a distance, one looks like three elements lined up in a row and one looks pulled together.

Gypsy I totally agree thank you for your points...The taking a look at the thumbnail really helped me..Thank you...

BUT Before i even work on this thing again can you guys fill me in for what is at stakes...I have a couple questions not for the client but so I can get a little more "in tune" and knowledgable about the whole name thing...

What is a bigger concern? The Lucky shopping name or the Lucky clothing name? I seen two links that both concern the name "Lucky" .. Do i tell him you cant use "Lucky" or because there is another clothing company there.

Looking at the site of the clothing people. I see no Copyright or anything...And i also see they are located in Canada...Or based out of canada...Their copyright laws i ASSUME are the same as the states? No way do i want to get them in a pissing contest and turn into some big legal case, I rather steer him in a new direction..

Which leads to my next question..Im sure he will be upset and not happy about the name being taken but hey..Not my problem? Lucky 7's ... Now is that illegal? Just in case we have to go that direction...What do other sign shops do...Im sure there are a ton of names such as Action Signs, Performance Signs, etc without being a franchised name..What do you guys do?

Im trying to fill my info before I give this guy a call and make him blow up in my ear..But i totally agree on the logo points thank you guys!