• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC engraver would be best for flat glass and crystal engraving at a reasonable price?

brienronald

有些人推荐使用CO2激光,但它只能进行表面雕刻。如果需要深凹版印刷,则需要CNC以确保无振动的液体冷却。刀具至关重要。

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
And translated:

Some people recommend using a CO2 laser, but it can only be surface engraved. If deep gravure printing is required, a CNC is required to ensure that the vibration-free liquid cools. The tool is crucial.​

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Ditto for sandblasted glass. Your three options are photoresist, laser film or plotter cut stencil. Each masking process has its own particular strengths.

Laser etched / frosted glass can not even begin to compare.

JB

BigO

Sandblasting also opens up other avenues such as cups, tumblers, leather, and many other substrates. I have 100 W laser with a rotary but I prefer the look of sandblasted. You’ll be surprised how detailed you can get it.I converted a a bug zapper to do the transparencies so the cost is almost nothing. Really all you need is a light that’s within the 360 to 400 range nm wavelengths. The closer to 360 the better. Anything in the uvb wavelength will work, but 360nm seems to work the best. Higher wattage means faster exposure. EG, 200w led uv ~30 seconds exposure where 50w is 2min. Also you want one source, (one bulb) otherwise you may get double exposure unless you want to do a little optics math. Exposure units can cost anywhere from $350 to $4k for no reason. Perfect DIY project. I made my first with a bug zapper $15 and second from a 150w led $90 project.
The only downside is you need a healthy air compressor with a good air dryer. I modified a water filter filled with reusable desiccant. Probably TMI but I recently did this project. Happy to nerd out if you have any questions.