• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CNC plasma cutter

skyhigh

I've outsourced some plasma cutting. Fairly straight forward, cuts are not the cleanest but for most apps, should be adequate. I have two buddies here in town who run Plasma Cams. They're reasonable in price. I think my buddy paid around $15k

I was thinking about "stencil" cutting backlit faces, and other metal cuts that I'd rather not do on my router. I still outsource the.080 & .125 faces to a laser guy about 3 miles away from me. The last job he did for me was 2- 8ft x 6ft .125 stencil cut faces...... he charged me $75. Thats cheaper than replacing one broken bit.

From what I've seen, the plasma's will do some intricate stuff. Like you said...."should be adequate". Not in the same league with the laser, but still fun.

I don't NEED one....just want to have one. Like you told me....He who has the most toys wins.... :wink:
Colorado, maybe we can get a better deal if we buy 2? :thumb:

skyhigh i have assembled about 20 plasmacam's now, i do not know of a single person who regrets the purchase...and check this out NONE of them are sign guys. this would be an ideal piece of equipment for any sign shop that is doing anything other than the 'quicky sticky' type work. there is some things that should be discussed/considered. call me up if you want to talk in more detail.

dan

CES020

You know you can't have a plasma cutter without being able to powder coat some of the things that come off of there.......just sayin'.......... :)