• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CoCut Mac driven

Ruddbow

I have never upgraded my CoCut Pro (for Mac) since I purchased it in 2001. I do all my design work in Freehand, bring in to CC and cut. I am wondering since my usage of CC is minimal of it's potential if I should upgrade? I am running an old g3 Imac as the drive machine (OS 9.2.2) I purchased a Summa D120 and would like to drive from my G4 Dual 1ghz machine (OS 10.4.7) Appreciate any input you may have. Thank you.

WVB

I think your best bet is to go to CoCut's website and read up. Compare the new with yours and see if it is worth the upgrade to you or not?

Ruddbow

....thanks Will, I wasn't overly concerned with the additional options with the newer version, just the compatibality with OSX. Sorry I was not to clear on that. Thank you again for responding. Where is all the mac nerds when you need'em?

Ryan

WVB

I would love to switch back to mac however, the cost of software etc. is just way too much right now. Kinda defeats running a mac when you have to run windows on it.

I would call CoCut and just ask them about your concerns..

Techman

u can likely upgrade for free. At least part way. I do not use mac so i am not sure. However. I upgraded from ver 9 for free all the way to ver 11.. then i bought ver 12,, and upgraded for free to x3..

Rodi

Hi,
what did you end up with? I am a Mac Freehand user and would like to know more about how you work.

Thanks

Ruddbow

I gave in to the system. I still use FH (for a while longer) I just export as .ai file and cut utilizing Summa's WinPlot. I liked CoCut but never pursued it any further.

Rodi

Yeah, it is too bad Freehand is dead. Would you consider selling Cocut? If you do, let me know, I might be interested.