• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cocut standard and TCP/IP

wildside

Anyone know how to get CoCut standard to cut through a print server using TCP/IP?

in the setup menu it says that i need cocut pro, but really this does nothing for me paying 400 more just to do this, pro version doesn't have anything in it that standard doesn't do for me already, i design everything in a way standard does the trick easily without the pro version seperating layers and colors for me, just thought i would see if anyone else has any experience with this

Techman

call the supplier and sk them to upgrade you, the difference eis only 300.

Or you could email them and ask for an upgrade option.. I found them to be very helpful.

wildside

i did upgrade for the 300....

and it doesn't work......

after about two weeks straight, and alot of money invested into different things it still don't work...

they refuse to refund, and their tech support tells me it cannot be done

we have an external print server on the network, they tell me that i have to have a computer dedicated as the print server, my local tech guy says it is a short coming of the internal code of cocut that it cannot go through a network on a external print server

now if i am wrong, or someone knows how to do this since their tech support doesn't, please advise.....

also, onyx cut server will cut through it the way it is setup......

Last edited:

Techman

You can configure your print server to do a pass through. It don't have to spool up in the print server.

I wonder why there is a dedicated print server.. Are you using mac's there?

wildside

we are not using mac's..... digital art is the ones that are telling me it has to be a dedicated print server computer, they claim it will not work even passing through a print server router

maybe i was venting a little earlier, but beyond pissed over this one, within four hours i was told it would work what's your credit card number, to tech saying no it will not work, and being told that they don't refund after a code is issued.....just a little peeved

i will take a break and revisit it in a few days