• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

code ordinance

Craig Sjoquist

Well here in Orange county Florida yes indeed ...But inspectors pick a choose what business to pick on like pawn shops and tattoo parlors and any other business they don't like, or can get more money from, others they leave alone.

It is to bad that our government chooses to be offended by outdoor signage, made in America by Americans for Americans with American equipment and supplies, there is no harm in seeing graphics or letters or color and if not blocking traffic view or a safety problem or issue, I can not understand why they keep this up and continue to increase the laws and guide lines.

binki

we have one city here that will site you if you bring in a commercial vehicle without a business license. other than that, haven't heard of such a thing.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
we have one city here that will site you if you bring in a commercial vehicle without a business license. other than that, haven't heard of such a thing.

Yeah, but that's California. You know I can't buy my lawnmower in California and my yellow ink is known to the state of California to cause cancer. Just my yellow though...and just to that state apparently. LOL
I don't miss So Cal except for the beach. :) Moved from there 4 years ago. There's tons of shops looking for installers there though. Business must be good for you.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
and my yellow ink is known to the state of California to cause cancer. Just my yellow though...and just to that state apparently.

Its funny that it only causes cancer in Lab rats and in California. So I tell my guys that they are safe, they aren't rats and we are far enough away from California that it wont hurt ya. People and rats from California must be sensitive to carcinogenic chemicals that the rest of the country has built up an immunity to.

thehamsterman

We've run in to this problem at our shop. We're on the main street through town, and they've come after us for parking our wrapped vehicles and trailers in our parking lot. They've also sent us warning letters when we had any type of banner, flag, yard sign, or any display at all either on the building or in the parking lot or in the grass. We also keep a table with t-shirts outside our front door with a banner on it, and they've told us to take it down several times (its a long story)

You also can't have digital signs or animated reader boards. they only allow the changable type old fashioned reader board. Also, signs have to be behind the trees that are on either side of the street, so you can't really see any businesses signage...

all of this because its the main street that leads to a football stadium...

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
We've run in to this problem at our shop. We're on the main street through town, and they've come after us for parking our wrapped vehicles and trailers in our parking lot. They've also sent us warning letters when we had any type of banner, flag, yard sign, or any display at all either on the building or in the parking lot or in the grass. We also keep a table with t-shirts outside our front door with a banner on it, and they've told us to take it down several times (its a long story)

You also can't have digital signs or animated reader boards. they only allow the changable type old fashioned reader board. Also, signs have to be behind the trees that are on either side of the street, so you can't really see any businesses signage...

all of this because its the main street that leads to a football stadium...

Well chances are, if you ask them what ordinace code you are violating (in regards to the wraps) you will be able to apply those same violations to any commercial delivery company that comes around and any city or state official vehicles. May be worth the few bucks to buy the book from your city hall.