• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

College is replacing the sexist Men Working signs with Crew Working

visual800

My issue is we gotta figure shes at least 25 years old, at the least! So all those other years this did not bother her but for some reason it just hit her this is sexist? The biggest problem with people such as herself doing this is BECAUSE SHE CAN!

We have become a society of bitchin and getting what we want. If right off the bat someone would have told her to get a life and go **** herself maybe she would have calmed down. This was absolutely a large waste of time and I hope she gets nothing but pressure at work and gets fired for being an idiot

Craig Sjoquist

To me it is more like the ..For Sale VS 4 Sale just not the same effect with the 4 Sale
Same with ..Men Working VS Crew Working

When people approach a working environmental area extreme caution is in order & safety is number one thought, so the standard Men Working sign reminds me of that fact.

A crew Working sign surely will alert but to me a smaller job & risk.

Just my 2 cents sexist or not Safety is the number one emotion & alert is in order.

Also I do not believe women are this concerned about sexist language that has been a standard such as this, believe they are more concerned about the abuse they receive in daily life.

WrapYourCar

the amount of sexist ads against males these days is beyond a joke, it seems it's somewhat 'funny' for an older woman to checkout a guy with a six pack or something and make a lude remark, but if it were the other way round it would be slaughtered immediately as offensive and not humorous.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
the reason it says men working is because even when there is a woman on the crew, she is usually just holding the men working sign.....

sar bossier

Perhaps to appeal to the PC crowd Verzi can have those guys put up a "Transgender, Metrosexual, Morphodites Working" sign.

Thats some funny s..t right there!!!:ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think it's a foul sign. This kinda advertising is pure filth and for the enjoyment of no one but women haters. Three hooray's for Liz with her eagle eye and attempt to stop such nonsense. That sign is appalling. It should've had pictures of women on it and y'all know that.

MikePro

mad props for the construction company blowing her off and continuing work.
big win for man-kind...owait, is that sexist too?!?

TheSnowman

Most of the women that complain about this kind of stuff saying it's "anti woman" are generally the ones that say "we can do everything a man can" and then they try and have to take a break or get something to eat because they can't handle it. I've literally seen it 50 times. So annoying to me.

Why can't it just be ok that we are all different, and not get offended at every single little thing. So annoying to me. There's stuff all day long that my wife can do that I don't even attempt because WE'RE DIFFERENT and I could never do what she does. Likewise to me.

mikefine

If you saw a CREW WORKING sign, would you honestly have any idea what
that meant? Wait until someone falls or there is an accident because someone didn't know they were walking through a job site area. Then this will become real interesting.

By the way, as a man, I am offended by red stop signs. I would prefer a more masculine color.