• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color bad all of a sudden?

bjones

Got a rockhopper 38 (falcon outdoor jr) that for some strange reason on files i've run dozens of times over the past year has suddenly muted all the colors. Running the same jobs with the same profiles on the same material i've always run them on.. any thoughts on what might have changed?? I've re-verified everything is how I have always run it.. the print itself is good, no banding or anything like that, just wacked color.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Could you be exporting your files as cmyk instead of rgb. My software remember my settings and have forgotten to change back before.

bjones

Not sure where 'rendering intent' is found in Flexi 8.. Files are cmyk, I always work in that so not sure how it would change, but I checked and it's still that. Previously, I just would re-run the job in the production manager and print this file when I needed to. When I tried it today, I got the funky color.. so, i opened the source file in flexi that I sent the original job with and resent it as a new job and got the same result. Even when I play with different profiles and materials I get the same color result when normally if I switched from my normal Oracal profile to an Avery one on the same material my color would be very different when printed I wind up with the same color.. almost like profiles aren't even being used for some reason.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
It's likely that somehow your rendering intents have changed or perhaps you've turned off 'microdot' if your version of Flexi still has that specification.

os101king

Problem IS flexi. It tends to constantly re-set profile and other settings, regardless of what you've set as defaults. Could be one of those other settings other than your profile that this crapware cannot hold on to. I've found this starting to happen CONSTANTLY.