• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Color printing is off.

MikePro

o boy, that nozzle check. lol

if its not the capping station not seating properly to refresh the printhead, or not the wiper cleaning the printhead, or an empty ink cartridge, or an airbubble in the ink line, then there's two other sources of ink starvation.... its either the ink pump, or another very common gremlin under the hood: the printhead manifold.
Its the plastic nipple that connects the printhead to the damper that connects to the ink line, that sometimes cracks when you fiddle with the damper too much horizontally. Thus inhibiting the proper flow of ink through the system. Its like a $40 part that you can attempt to replace before replacing the entire printhead, but it still requires the same effort as replacing the printhead itself because you have to remove it to service it.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Not sure which of the nozzle tests in that whole string posted in the last pic is the last one. Please post a single pic of the current nozzle test.
Only use Roland OEM caps. Anything else is a crap shoot. I know from experience, having been burned by aftermarket caps. You also want to make sure all the lines from the caps to the pump are clear. A clogged or even slightly clogged cap line can prevent the ink from being cleared from the cap during cleaning and result in both missing nozzles and cross contamination.

netsol

shouldn't the recommendation be a good, overnight soaking?
we soak periodically, and, religiously, someone does AT MINIMUM a nozzle print every day.
compared to the cost of a head, a daily print is cheap insurance

SheldonDay

If the cap tops are being seated correctly etc then it may be them, are they OEM/from a reputable supplier (I.e. not China). The more reputable parts you have in there, the less variables you might have.

Do you clean the cap top(s) as part of your maintenance procedure? I change mine out once a year due to running third party inks but it’s usually fine and just a precaution.

My mimaki has an extra cartridge for pump tube wash, does the Roland have anything similar?

Did you ever get a tech out to replace your head? As far as the thread goes you never came back to let us know what the issue was.

They are seated correctly, as far as I know everything for these comes from China, if you know of some that don't and have had good experiences, please by all means let me know where and I'll order there. I change them out which is recommended every six months and clean them once a week as the manual states, but so far it's been three of them in the last six months basically. The roland doens't have an extra cartridge, but you can put a cleaning cartridge in and let it do it's thing which I do. The print heads are fine, the print quality is excellent when it prints, it's just that one cap top. I did reply but I guess it may have been in the wrong area lol. The last advice y'all gave me worked and it worked well. I ended up replacing the cap tops and all went well after that. Print head wasn't damaged and is perfectly fine. I haven't had a tech out since the last time all they try to do is sell me a new machine.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
They are seated correctly, as far as I know everything for these comes from China, if you know of some that don't and have had good experiences, please by all means let me know where and I'll order there. I change them out which is recommended every six months and clean them once a week as the manual states, but so far it's been three of them in the last six months basically. The roland doens't have an extra cartridge, but you can put a cleaning cartridge in and let it do it's thing which I do. The print heads are fine, the print quality is excellent when it prints, it's just that one cap top. I did reply but I guess it may have been in the wrong area lol. The last advice y'all gave me worked and it worked well. I ended up replacing the cap tops and all went well after that. Print head wasn't damaged and is perfectly fine. I haven't had a tech out since the last time all they try to do is sell me a new machine.

Glad to hear that it was just the caps. It's too bad about your tech - ours is nothing but helpful, I came in with 0 experience and he was both patient and incredibly knowledgeable.