• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Color problem

Lobo

Hrmm... it's funny that the dot pattern doesn't seem affected at all. If it is the data issue I mentioned, you'd be able to tell right away, as the number of passes would change, and your print might actually be elongated.

If this still happened randomly with the TIFF, my best guess at this point is something in your ink feed, be it in the cartridge assembly, lines, dampers, or manifolds. Did the problem go away entirely with the TIFF though, and is only appearing in the EPS?

Sorry about the late answer.

We'll change two heads tomorrow (BK and LC) and see what happens. Thare are so many problems with the machine right now, that I'm happy that it prints at all.

Lobo

If you are saying that it only prints lighter now, then you may have an ink contamination issue. Perhaps lt cyan in place of cyan.

Can you print & post a nozzle test?

You did not mention which ink brand you use... or if you use cartridges vs. bulk ink system.

If you use a bulk system, is it possible that someone mistakenly poured lt cyan ink into the reservoir in place of cyan?

Thinking outside the box here...

~E

I burned through 10 CY and one LC in two weeks. Doesn't feel like a contamination, since other prints are ok, colorwise.

Only using Roland original cartridges.

Lobo

That is classic starvation. Your magenta is dropping out which is causing the color change. It's going to be a damper/o-ring and/or cap top/pump issue.

All dampers are replaced and all caps are checked (two LC replaced).

Now it's been too many jobs between these (new order that I started on yesterday), so I have to test print the eps and TIFF against the last batch to see a difference, but that will have to wait until the heads are replaced.