• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Color Profiling

dypinc

I don't think most RIP profiling or linearization packages support the Color Munki. Does yours, or do you have other software to make CMYK profiles with it. Other than contone printers you would need at least to be able to at do a linearization with the RIP before printing profiling targets for reading with other software.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I think the minimum is the i1 Publish, in addition that your rip has to support making a profile like Wasatch or Caldera visual Rip

Carroll

To be honest I am new to this and don’t know. I am a photographer and I know when I calibrate my epson 7900 photo printer I pretty much get what I see.

I am using the Mutoh 1204 with flexi sign 12 and siglab 10. I have been using solvex photo paper which I do not have a profile for and thought that maybe I could create one.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my newbie questions

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Check with the software. i dont have either of those programs, but in there somewhere you should be able to configure your input devices or spectrophotometers or colormeters ect. I have onyx and only has the the minimum i1pro

There are 3rd party software where you can probably use it. Pretty sure argyllcms you can.

dypinc

To be honest I am new to this and don’t know. I am a photographer and I know when I calibrate my epson 7900 photo printer I pretty much get what I see.
I am using the Mutoh 1204 with flexi sign 12 and siglab 10. I have been using solvex photo paper which I do not have a profile for and thought that maybe I could create one.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my newbie questions

Unlike the Epson 7900 the Mutoh 1204 has to be addressed as a CMYK halftone printer, although the Epson 7900 can be addressed as a CMYK device as well with a RIP. I am just assuming that your addressing it as an RGB device and are familiar with making RGB output profiles. That means on the Mutoh 1204 you really need to be able to do ink limits per channel, total ink limits and linearization. Ink limits per channel, and linearization need to be done with a spectro and the RIP. If you don't have the profiling package with your RIP, you can create an output profile (CMYK for the Mutoh 1204) with other software providing you can save the profile target and print from your RIP with the linearization/calibration enabled but all other color management turned off.

That being said you could probably get by with a stock linearization/calibration for similar media and quality settings and create a output profile for new media on top of that. That is not ideal but it might get you by with software that supports the Color Munki. Also keep in mind that with CMYK output profiles you need to choose GCR/black ink settings to get optimum print quality for the type of print your doing.

Last edited: