• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Composer not cutting vinyl completely

ken692

we have a problem with lots of trouble cutting I have to weed each letter
yet the backing shows cut marks its like the vinyl is resealing itself I tryed everything new knife back strips The enVision™ 375 and Odyssey 48 yet both have this same problem I even tryed two computers 1 amd and 1 intel help help
Ken

ken692

FORCE is set to 25 but even at 28 no go
defualt is 21.88
not sure on the vinyl but I will find out
i'm new but dom been doing it since 1990
and he never had this problem

Ken

Jillbeans

When mine does that it means that the sprockets need the boogers scraped off, or that the bar that the cutter head rides on needs oiled, or that there is a piece of a sticker stuck on the bar that the back end of the cutter head rides on.
...or you need more weight.
Love....Jill

ken692

everything is clean I have 2 envision one new and one a few years old both are acting up its gerber 220 vinyl
gerber wants to see the cuts under a microscope
wow
this is a pain in the vinyl

Ken

Last edited:

animenick65

Sometimes this happens to me on my graphtec. It usually happens when I use a new blade. It cuts the backing paper (usually too much so it leaves some on the vinyl when you pull the release liner) but yet the vinyl doesn't weed well. Try as I might, not matter what settings I use it does this. I usually have to deal and run a couple rolls through it until it dulls a little then its fine. Its the weirdest thing!

ken692

we changed the computer and still have this weed problem if the vinyl sits for a few days it shrinks and weeds fine

ken692

Is there any vinyl stuck to the blade or maybe you need a new blade holder

no nothing is open just a zip car file
I did change the blade holder new blade and cut strip and its still same problem, if I weed from left to right it seems to lift better
right to left into the open holes and its a problem
almost seems like parts of the words cut deeper than other
oh ya we orderd a new print head $900 and I installed that did the calibration with no change if the vinyl sits for a few days it shrinks and weeds awsome but thanks for all the great ideas I have tryed them all
Ken Boston:signs101:

Disciple

Have you tried to click the double cut box. Keep your same settings and put the double cut on. I had the same problem you are having and when i use double cut i have no problems weeding after that.

Another thing you may want to try is changing your cut settings inside the cutter itself. I found that does help too.