• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Compressor for Zund

rjssigns

If you want quiet get a screw compressor. I have one on the shop wish list.

Of course you could just by a cheapie and put it outside in a shed.(just noticed where you live)

jasonx

If you want quiet get a screw compressor. I have one on the shop wish list.

Of course you could just by a cheapie and put it outside in a shed.(just noticed where you live)

I'd need a 40 metre air line to put it outside :p Compressor is going inside thats why I want it as quiet as possible.

rjssigns

Rotary screw then. They are rated for continuous duty and will make all the air your shop will ever need. There are units made without a receiver(tank) that have a modulator to control output. You turn them on in the morning and when there is a call for air the modulator closes. Otherwise it sits in idle mode.

Can you tell I've researched this?

rjssigns

Looks real nice, I'm jealous. Might be a re-badged Ingersoll-Rand which are top drawer. With the enclosure it should be nearly silent.

ThinkRight

Here is what every sign shop needs !
http://www.ingersollrandproducts.co...-rotary-air-compressors/5_5-30kw-7_5-40hp-vsd

Features
Maximum operating flexibility to meet your individual site needs
Total Air System in one package
World class sound as low as 65 dB(A)
High quality filtered and dried discharge air
Lowest power consumption at start-up, full load, and part load conditions
Up to 35% energy savings
Inherent reliability through elimination of wear parts and simplicity of design

rjssigns

is that big enough? Why not get a bigger tank, so the thing doesn't have to run all the time?

Industrial screws are meant to run 24/7/365 only stopping for routine air filter and oil changes. They have no receivers(tanks). Output is modulated or throttled dependent on demand.

Another cool thing about a modulated screw is they are at full output the moment you turn them on. Flip the switch and get to work.

Like I said one of those bad boys is on my wish list.

jasonx

We've got a local supplier that can supply this unit to us. The Zund requires 300-400L per minute. So no matter what size tank you're going to have the unit is going to run when using any tools that need air.