• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer type

gnubler

New Egg offered to credit me $10 for the wrong power cord or send me the right cord, I told them to just send it. Looks like my credit went through on the second unit they sent me also...no restocking free. Still, I'm permanently turned off from ever ordering from them again. A solid month of hassle and headache just to buy a frickin' computer.

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
I want to trade in my multiple monitors for this, the Samsung Odyssey Ark monitor... It's a curved 55 inch, you can run it horizontal or vertical, horizontal you can have it as one big monitor, or split the screen into multiple monitors, I think max is four 27" equivalent. Vertical you can split it into three separate screens. But I'm not sure I'm ready to pay the price.
Wow...that's awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

caribmike

Retired with a Side Hustle
Thats a joke, right?
No joke...I watch CNBC all day and then watch Cramer when I get home. I do a lot of trading and I've found that having CNBC on helps me be very familiar and up-to-the minute with information on companies and market segments that I follow. Some people watch and bet on sports...I watch and bet on financial news.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thanks for the ideas on this thread. I ordered a new computer yesterday. I thought my current one had 16gb ram but my son laughed at me when he saw it only had 8gb. It's definately been slowing me down now that I've had my printer for a year. This is what I bought. I love Lenovo and my current computer is a gaming one so I'm OK with them. Someone mentioned 32gb ram and the RTX3060 so my son and I compared what I currently have and this one...he just laughed at me and said...Yes mom, this is going to be a million times better.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Thanks for the ideas on this thread. I ordered a new computer yesterday. I thought my current one had 16gb ram but my son laughed at me when he saw it only had 8gb. It's definately been slowing me down now that I've had my printer for a year. This is what I bought. I love Lenovo and my current computer is a gaming one so I'm OK with them. Someone mentioned 32gb ram and the RTX3060 so my son and I compared what I currently have and this one...he just laughed at me and said...Yes mom, this is going to be a million times better.

Are you pulling the trigger? That'll definitely do anything you can throw at it... :thumb:

JBurton

Signtologist

Do watch out, having windows 11 home will trim some features, and though I'm totally unfamiliar with 11, I'd imagine stuff like remote desktop are still not present in the home edition. I'd see about getting a win10 pro or business license and roll it back to 10 for software compatibility's sake.

gnubler

My new one came with Win10. Keeps pestering me to upgrade but I'm not interested.

Smart move on NOT doing business with New Egg. I'm still traumatized by the whole ordeal...never again.

victor bogdanov

My new one came with Win10. Keeps pestering me to upgrade but I'm not interested.
I have half of my computers upgraded to win11 including my main design computer and rip computer. So far no issues.

Going between win 11 and win 10 all day makes win10 feel a bit old. I upgraded about 2 months ago after holding out for the early bugs to be worked out

Stacey K

I like making signs
I never thought of Windows 11...hopefully they still allow the old fashioned "desktop" mode? I have a subscription to Windows 365, I guess I better figure all that crap out.

victor bogdanov

I never thought of Windows 11...hopefully they still allow the old fashioned "desktop" mode?
There are only minor differences in user interface from win10

The icons on the task bar are centered by default but you can align left like window 10. this is about the most noticeable change

Stacey K

I like making signs
Every time I get a new version of Windows I say, "This time I'm going to use it like it was MEANT to be used!" - and then I just revert back to the old fashioned desktop view thingy after a couple days.

I always wanted to try all the widgets and cool stuff but with only 8gb of ram...it proves to be more dangerous than it's worth LOL

DL Signs

Never go against the family
I'm still running 10-pro, if and when I get the gumption to bump up to 11 I'll probably go with the pro version too... It's been out long enough now that the bugs should be worked out.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I've been on windows 11 pro since it was released on my personal laptop.
Only upgraded win11 on my RIP pc in the last 6 months.

no issues at all. and all the annoying things have been mostly fixed.

amw

Longtime Members
We have no issues with windows 11 and any software.

Funny Newegg story...
About 2 years ago we upgraded my kids personal computers. Bought 3 identical systems, 2 were bought at the same time and the other one 10 days later.. They were about $1900 each.
All 3 arrived before my cc statement came. When I looked at it it showed 2 transactions to buy them, however it showed a credit back for 1 of them.
I contacted new egg and asked about it and they insisted that we only got 2 computers. I sent them a photo they still insisted I was wrong. So I said I guess its by 2 get one free and that was the end of that.
6 months or so later the power supply died in one of them. In their system it shows 3 computers under warranty from them lol.

Closest I ever have come to winning the lotto!

gnubler

Your win was my loss because the opposite happened in my case. A duplicate order was created and I was billed twice. Dealing with the return/refund of the second system wasted hours of my time, phone calls, trips to the bank, and trips to the liquor store...