• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connecting a Gerber envision 375 ?s

artofacks1

Hello,

I unpacked and set up my envision cutter today. Yeah Me!!! LOL!!!:thumb:

Now I am having trouble connecting the cutter to my computer. I am on a lab top so I have to use the usb converter.

I get the following error:

----

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

-----

I can not find the drivers so this will work. Any help you guys may be able to provide is appreciated.

Last edited:

artofacks1

i believe with that cutter its best to use the gerber supplied cable

Thanks for your reply, I am trying to do that now but the computer says I don't have the correct drivers. However, I can not find them on the Omega DVD or online.

Next thing is to call Gerbers support tomorrow. Hopefully they can help me.

rfulford

The cable gerber supplies is a null modem serial cable. You may be able to get around using it via emulation or an adapter but the plotter needs to think its there. I bought my plotter used without the cable and wound up with this configuration. I use a Manhattan serial to USB adapter attached to an old serial cable with the correct pins attached to a null modem adapter plugged into the back of the plotter.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just wondering why the GSP distributor you purchased from is not involved in getting the system properly setup?

artofacks1

Just wondering why the GSP distributor you purchased from is not involved in getting the system properly setup?

I bought the equipment from Graphics Marketing System. The fact is that they are in Chicago and the times that I am working on my set up is after 6pm Pacific time and they are closed. However, tomorrow morning I will wake up extra early so I can get help with setting up the cutter.

I got the Printer rocking and rolling and now I need to get the 375 rocking and rolling. I took me about 4 days to understand the Omega print to Edge deal at its basic one color and 2 color prints. This is day one of the envision 375 set up. Hopefully tomorrow they can shorten the learning curve a little bit.

artofacks1

The cable gerber supplies is a null modem serial cable. You may be able to get around using it via emulation or an adapter but the plotter needs to think its there. I bought my plotter used without the cable and wound up with this configuration. I use a Manhattan serial to USB adapter attached to an old serial cable with the correct pins attached to a null modem adapter plugged into the back of the plotter.

That is really odd, so you telling me I may have to buy a new cable and can not use the one that it came with. I hope that is not the case cus I paid a lot for the equipment as it is brand spaken new.

rfulford

That is really odd, so you telling me I may have to buy a new cable and can not use the one that it came with. I hope that is not the case cus I paid a lot for the equipment as it is brand spaken new.
No, I am not saying that. You have to use the cable or emulate it in some way.

artofacks1

unnamed.jpg This is the cable that it came with.

artofacks1

Incase anyone else has this problem I found the solution.

1. I downloaded the driver from this url to my desktop.
http://www.gspinc.com/service/software-downloads
"UsbInterfaceCables.zip "

2. I opened Device Manager from Control Panel in Windows.

3. I connected the usb cable to the usb port on the computer.

4. Device manager gives an error and I followed these instructions.
Right click on Other Devices then USB Serial Converter to bring up a menu as shown below. From thedisplayed menu, select Update Driver Software. This then displays the option for an automatic search ora manual search.

5. I selected the driver folder from the zip file I downloaded.

6. In the install settings in GSPLOT I selected COMM3.

All this time I was missing the driver, once I installed the correct driver it told be it was COMM3.

Even though you are connected via usb, the computer is reading it as serial port Comm3.

Thanks for everyone that has been so patient answering my questions for the past few months. Tomorrow I will run my first Cut test and report. Well I will first do it with a Pen ;-) Than try the cut with a blade pending how that goes.

Good night!!!

Techman

many laptop printer ports are not the full 5 volts. They are using a reduced power supply of 3 volts. FYI.

Gerber drivers are in Omega, not the OS.

Gentlemen,

Robert did buy his system from us. However, due to his hours, he chooses to post every question he has to the forum first. I find that annoying because it makes it sound as if we aren't willing to help (we have offered on many occasions.) He chose to run Omega from a Macbook Pro with parallels. I think it will work because we have been successful in the past with that set up. However we are not set up that way currently, so it can be more challenging to support with more recent OS's and drivers. Wireless is not recommended. It is not likely that he is going to get the correct answer from the forum, due to his non-typical set up, unless GSP wants to chime in. But he wants to be part of the community, and that's great. Live support and private e-mails is what I prefer in a case like this. I will respond to his private e-mail today.

Have a great day everyone.
Doug Goodloe

artofacks1

Doug,

1. I will message you in the future privately. I figured that by me posting here I could get help plus it could help future clients that purchase the machine.

2. My hours don't help me much to contact you guys. I am trying not to lose days every time I get stuck.

3. I'm a full stack developer and my book pro runs Windows better than any other pc I tried it on.

4. I'm wired in now :)

5. This community is very awesome and I want to make it clear to the entire community. With out GMS and especially Calvin's and Doug's help. I would have never even got this far. GMS has good customer service. Calvin always returns my calls and they knew my budget constraints and help me out big time. They also understood how new I am to this business and offered a package deal to go up to their state and learn the ins and outs. Unfortunately it was out of my budget.

If I post again and actually when I post with a question. I hope the community understands that I am working on my decal business as my night shift and a lot of the things I am trying are a bit out of the norm. Like the wireless idea and working off a Mac that runs Windows.

Gentlemen,

Robert did buy his system from us. However, due to his hours, he chooses to post every question he has to the forum first. I find that annoying because it makes it sound as if we aren't willing to help (we have offered on many occasions.) He chose to run Omega from a Macbook Pro with parallels. I think it will work because we have been successful in the past with that set up. However we are not set up that way currently, so it can be more challenging to support with more recent OS's and drivers. Wireless is not recommended. It is not likely that he is going to get the correct answer from the forum, due to his non-typical set up, unless GSP wants to chime in. But he wants to be part of the community, and that's great. Live support and private e-mails is what I prefer in a case like this. I will respond to his private e-mail today.

Have a great day everyone.
Doug Goodloe