• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Connecting a Roland Sp540v to computer/VersaWorks

Eagle1

Hi everyone,

I am new to wide format printers and have just bought a second hand Roland sp540v. I cant connect the printer to the computer as I am struggling to find information on the printer due to it's age. Hope someone has some information on how to do this or any other useful information as my knowledge is limited XD.

Cheers all

Signstein

I have SP-300V and it just connects with a standard USB-A to USB-B printer cable. I imagine the 54" is the same.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Read through the attached pdf. The IP address you put into the printer should match the IP address you found through the command prompt instruction, EXCEPT the last set of numbers must be different. Note the numbers you put in the printer, as you will enter this exact number in Versaworks when you install the printer in Versaworks. This should get you connected.

Attachments

• VerifyResetTCIP_IP.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 84

cornholio

Read through the attached pdf. The IP address you put into the printer should match the IP address you found through the command prompt instruction, EXCEPT the last set of numbers must be different. Note the numbers you put in the printer, as you will enter this exact number in Versaworks when you install the printer in Versaworks. This should get you connected.
It doesn't work this way with a SP-540. There is no such menu to set the IP.. You either need the software from the printserver company, or you need to set the IP via the ARP Ping method.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
It doesn't work this way with a SP-540. There is no such menu to set the IP.. You either need the software from the printserver company, or you need to set the IP via the ARP Ping method.
Then I stand corrected. It's been a while since I punched the buttons on an SP-540V. So, instead, go to Menu - System and print it. The current IP address should be in this file. The Intercon Nettool should allow you to set the IP address in the printer.

Attachments

• intercon-nettool-1.8.43.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 57
  • Print system report - SP-540V.jpg
    Print system report - SP-540V.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 42

Terry01

Download InterCon Nettool to first read what the IP address of the printer is. Note, you require a crossover ethernet cable to run a SP540v. The 540 doesn't actively show the IP address in the printer menu.

cornholio

Download InterCon Nettool to first read what the IP address of the printer is. Note, you require a crossover ethernet cable to run a SP540v. The 540 doesn't actively show the IP address in the printer menu.
I'd reset the printserver with the button to have a defined starting point.(subnet)