• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Connecting Roland XC-540 to VersaWorks

Signturesigns

I don't know why but all of a sudden my Roland XC-540 is now reporting a disconnect issue.

The printer itself is fine. It's showing the set-up is complete and 51 inches to print on. But versa works is saying status "Not connected"
When I click verify my network settings it says "device not found or status not acquired correctly from the device. I've never gotten this before and was able to print with no issues last week. any ideas?

Signturesigns

Check the IP settings in the printer setup in VW
Thanks, yes I have ensured that the ip address in the printer matches back to the IP address I use in VX. I have also went into the software and clicked initialize program so I can reset the printer credentials. Still not working. I will try to call Roland on Monday

Signturesigns

Thanks, yes I have ensured that the ip address in the printer matches back to the IP address I use in VX. I have also went into the software and clicked initialize program so I can reset the printer credentials. Still not working. I will try to call Roland on Monday
VX I meant Versaworks

E Coloney

What did you learn from Roland? I'm having the same issue since approx Nov 14. Using dedicated Win 7 box, not internet connection to keep it isolated. It's crazy.
===
Seem to have overcome "Not Connected" error (for the time being) but nothing prints. The job looks normal but the printing progress bar never goes beyond 0% and the printer doesn't respond. nor wake up from sleep. VW sees the printer: can select Menu and software shows it.

Last edited: