• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Constant Banner Head strikes

Rameez

Whats the best wide format you guys suggest as we do lots of outdoor prints and banners. Something with fast production and cost-effective in terms of per sqf printing and actually machine cost.

jpescobar

Whats the best wide format you guys suggest as we do lots of outdoor prints and banners. Something with fast production and cost-effective in terms of per sqf printing and actually machine cost.

Go with the Epson SureColor SC-S60600 dual CMYK printhead and a built-in take-up reel which is the best I've seen on a machine.
The printer is extremely fast, very reliable and accurate color reproduction.

You can find good deals at Grimco
https://www.grimco.com/Catalog/Products/EpsonSureColorS60600Printer

Rameez

What you guys think about Colorado 1650 ? Is it worth to spend the amount they are asking. Or any other machines you guys can suggest for us.

Rameez

Your heat is too high.
You can also add some weight to the lead to help.
I kept the heat and pressure both on 1 and i have to keep lift the cover and stretch the banner from
Both end when it starts to wrinkles the banner

greysquirrel

99% of the time its heat. If you are using a canned profile, More than likely the heat is too high. Heat rises taking your banner with it. Start 215-218 degrees and adjust from there

player

I am a Roland user, so this may not apply, but- With heavy rolls like banner material we have to always unroll the material so the printer doesn't pull directly off the roll because of the weight and the amount of the tug required.

Rameez

There is no option in the rip software to control the temperature. And I did use the unroll thing too it didn’t do any good . I feel may be the traction rollers that pulls the material has gone bad .

Rameez

Also need an advice on selecting the next printer. I saw Colorado 1650 yesterday and was really impressed with it. But it’s kind of over budget. What you machine you guys suggest is good that has no head strikes issue at least and faster production ?

MMPLarge Format

There is no option in the rip software to control the temperature. And I did use the unroll thing too it didn’t do any good . I feel may be the traction rollers that pulls the material has gone bad .
I don't know much about your specific printer but I know the temperature settings would be on the printer not onyx. You can't really mess with the print profiles using onyx. You have to do it manually on your printer settings.

ams

You need to roll a couple feet of the banner out, the weight of turning the roll will do that.