• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

containers for 1shot bulletin pearl enamels

sculpteur

Hi, this is my first post. Brian Briske at Asklouie.com, the 1shot info site is not answering emails. He turned me onto using PET bottles stored upside down w/ 2 − half inch stainless steel nuts to agitate the pearlescent enamels I use. As he's not answering I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of bottle top is best to use… can't find PET tops and am afraid the other plastics will interact w/ the VOCs. Anyone know which type plastic caps I could use? Thanks for any advice.

visual800

first off One Shot sucks and you need to stop using it. Back in the day there was some plastic bottles that held one shot paint I dont know if they are available anymore. they were called E_Z POUR squirt bottles (yep, that was the name on the side of them) this is back when one shot was worth a crap

As of these days why can this not be stored in the cans with a hold punched in top?

sculpteur

thx for the reply, why is 1shot crap?

why do you feel this way? I'm an artist and evaluated the longevity,color mixing, saturation and look of it on the back of my carved glass and it looked the best. The VOC's are killing me tho, so I'm open to anything you could recommend.
I tried Ronin (acrylic?) but it didn't mix colors together well… What do you use that is extremely long lasting / UV color stable?

SignosaurusRex

Hi, this is my first post. Brian Briske at Asklouie.com, the 1shot info site is not answering emails. He turned me onto using PET bottles stored upside down w/ 2 − half inch stainless steel nuts to agitate the pearlescent enamels I use. As he's not answering I'm wondering if anyone knows what type of bottle top is best to use… can't find PET tops and am afraid the other plastics will interact w/ the VOCs. Anyone know which type plastic caps I could use? Thanks for any advice.

Use the tops that come with the bottles. You will be fine.