Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contest

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by D2S, Feb 19, 2008.

1. batman

batman Member

Aug 17, 2007
    is this for everybody or just a A v.s. B thing? it would be cool if someone came up witn an idea on a regular basis and evryone participated and we all had some imput on their work.

2. DRPSignsNGrafix

DRPSignsNGrafix Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    looks like A vs B for the first one, then someone else can call out someone else

3. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    you are lucky shovelhead! I pop in this site in the morning with my coffee and sometimes later when I am cutting vinyl. I wish I had time to practice layouts!

4. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    I live here..it's my addictive personality......hey AIR ART GIRL....
    Heather always would bust my stones about being on 101....guess who has 5 posts already on the nail forum?????:rolleyes:

5. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006

LOL, guess you DO owe me!!!!:beer

6. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    yeh...love her...but she talks too much.......

7. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    Any of us novices gonna pony up and make a layout according to Flames specs? (of course after the masters of layout have posted their work) It is quite interesting to see different perspectives on the same subject Weekend rush job, 350.00 printed window perf. installed?:thumb:

8. D2S

D2S Active Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Massachusetts
    if you are calling me a master you are on some good drugs, please send them my way... I am hoping a little competition will help me get better

9. 3dsignco

3dsignco Active Member

Feb 19, 2007
    Ok how about making competition for the worst clients on the Planet.
    Ourselves. Say I take Astours Business and he takes mine... I know I am my own worst customer and have the hardest time in the world design my own stuff.
    But it would have to be serious. Flame and OP don't get to do each others. :)

10. cOrKinSA

cOrKinSA Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2006
  11. D2S

D2S Active Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Massachusetts
    3dsign I would be down for that as I have yet to come up with a new logo for my company and really need one but as one says the artist is his own worse critic.

12. Service Sign Co

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    Actually I've haven't seen your layouts,just imagine they would be good.I have seen Shovels, a lot of good designers here. I need practice too,I would have to be on some good drugs to challenge anyone on a logo design. Don't have any drugs,last night it was Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. I should have stepped away from the computer at that point. I guess I'll have to make a layout and file it away in case it comes up

13. Im in, i think a general made up business would be the best to do, something no one would have. Something like "big cracks" or "half moon" plumbing.

14. Service Sign Co

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    I've already made my free sign for the day,even with a hangover

15. Maverick Signs

Maverick Signs Member

Feb 19, 2007
    ready. set . go.