• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut after laminating

EbsWeb5150

Ok this is probably a dumb question. But have a worked on Roland VP-540i
have Versa-Works software work in Illustrator. Now if I have my graphic set to print out of Versa Works, and have my crops marks set-up in my Illustrator Document. Then it prints it, then I take it over to the laminator and laminate the document. How do I get the Roland VP-540 to contour cut the graphic properly. Where is the command to get it to line up to the crop marks?

Thanks in advance.

cdiesel

You actually don't create the crop marks in Illustrator. In Versaworks, you simply click on the <marks> tab, and tell it to print "printers crop marks". Then you go to <cutter controls> and click on "print only". Print your file, laminate, and reload the vinyl with the leading set of crop marks lined up with the teflon strip or so. In Versaworks, click on <cutter controls> again, and this time click on "cut only". You can then select "use advanced settings" and set your pressure and speed settings. Hit print again and you're good to go.

anotherdog

Use versaworks to print the versaworks cropmarks (print&cutalignment) in the Marks tab that the VP will use to line up the cut after lamination.

In the cut control tab tell it to print only, print, laminate then feed the job back in to line up the prime crop mark (with the extra dash) with the knife then go into the cut control tab and tell it to cut only.

To have illustrator files cut you have to define the cut lines using the cutcontour color.

Thats the short answer...you really should have someone show you.

EbsWeb5150

Thanks everyone we don't have a laminator right now just in case I had to send something out to get laminated I wanted to know the procedure. I will look in VersaWorks tomorrow for the crop marks.