Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contour Cut decal AND paper possible??

Discussion in 'Roland' started by appstro, Aug 14, 2012.

1. appstro

appstro Member

May 6, 2011
    I have the Roland SP-300. I have a HUGE client possibly wanting me to do some quality decals for them. They love the quality and everything. The only thing they dont like is that my decals are contour cut but the backing is NOT. They want die cut and I cant do that I dont think. I will not get this job unless I can die cut these decals consistently. They are just circles nothing crazy. Any ideas? Is there a way to make the Roland cut all the way through the decal and paper without damaging the cutting strip???:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Look into the Perf Cut function in the Versaworks help system. Using it will chew up your cutting protection strip though...

3. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX

exactly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVbG-ElY55g

4. royster13

royster13 Very Active Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Montrose BC
    What kind of quantity per design?.....The quantity does not have to be too high before it is more practical to outsource to a label supplier who will have a large selection of stock dies on hand and/or can do custom if required....

5. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    If the account is that important ($$), you could buy a smaller cutter only that is better suited for kiss cutting. Print and then transfer over to the cutter. Or sub it out to someone here.

If you not really set-up for long runs of this type of work, your doing the client a disservice by taking it on and will end with one or both of you being very disappointed.

Im speaking of LONG runs that are going to tear up your blades and cutting strips. Im NOT speaking of a few dozen here and a couple of dozen there.

6. stephenj148

stephenj148 Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Connecticut
    I just recently dealt with a customer wanting 6,000+ 3x1 in. decals all cut through the backing. It will cost you way more than the customer will be willing to pay in time, let alone the amount of blades and cut strips your going to go through. In my honest opinion, anything over 1,000 I would outsource.