• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut decal AND paper possible??

appstro

I have the Roland SP-300. I have a HUGE client possibly wanting me to do some quality decals for them. They love the quality and everything. The only thing they dont like is that my decals are contour cut but the backing is NOT. They want die cut and I cant do that I dont think. I will not get this job unless I can die cut these decals consistently. They are just circles nothing crazy. Any ideas? Is there a way to make the Roland cut all the way through the decal and paper without damaging the cutting strip???:thankyou:

I have the Roland SP-300. I have a HUGE client possibly wanting me to do some quality decals for them. They love the quality and everything. The only thing they dont like is that my decals are contour cut but the backing is NOT. They want die cut and I cant do that I dont think. I will not get this job unless I can die cut these decals consistently. They are just circles nothing crazy. Any ideas? Is there a way to make the Roland cut all the way through the decal and paper without damaging the cutting strip???:thankyou:

Look into the Perf Cut function in the Versaworks help system. Using it will chew up your cutting protection strip though...

royster13

What kind of quantity per design?.....The quantity does not have to be too high before it is more practical to outsource to a label supplier who will have a large selection of stock dies on hand and/or can do custom if required....

Scott Reynolds

I have a HUGE client possibly wanting me to do some quality decals for them.

If the account is that important ($$), you could buy a smaller cutter only that is better suited for kiss cutting. Print and then transfer over to the cutter. Or sub it out to someone here.

If you not really set-up for long runs of this type of work, your doing the client a disservice by taking it on and will end with one or both of you being very disappointed.

Im speaking of LONG runs that are going to tear up your blades and cutting strips. Im NOT speaking of a few dozen here and a couple of dozen there.

stephenj148

I just recently dealt with a customer wanting 6,000+ 3x1 in. decals all cut through the backing. It will cost you way more than the customer will be willing to pay in time, let alone the amount of blades and cut strips your going to go through. In my honest opinion, anything over 1,000 I would outsource.