• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cut question

raw191

Can somebody explain to me about the contour cut function? It shows on my screen like I want, but it isn't there when I go to cut it in the production manager. I've got a "busy" clip art that I'm trying to create a solid color underneath with a little outline as well. thanks.

Ross

Techman

From memory.
Read your manual a few more times. IT explains the exact steps you must do to get it right. When pro manager pops up it should have a window that tells asks you about registration marks. IF that isn't there then you are not making a real contour cut.

Jackpine

Can somebody explain to me about the contour cut function? It shows on my screen like I want, but it isn't there when I go to cut it in the production manager. I've got a "busy" clip art that I'm trying to create a solid color underneath with a little outline as well. thanks.

Ross
Are you printing and then contour cutting or just trying to cut vinyl?

gvgraphics

If you are not printing this and only want to cut vinyl and layer it the best option would be to go to effects - outline and then select contour in the outline box and set the size of it. This will give you a solid base color to layer on.