• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut - Smoother lines?

TheBarricade

When using "Contour Cut" with the contour option, is there any way to make the lines a bit smoother for die cutting? I understand it's following the contour of the letters, but that makes for a bit more jagged edged look. The only option I can see is to make the spread larger, but even with it at 1", it's still wiggly. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help!

https://imgur.com/a/oB1acY0

TheBarricade

Separate the contorcut path and clean/straighten it to your liking. Pen / Bezier editing tools are your friends.
I apologize, I am fairly new to Flexi. I use mostly Illustrator. How do I go about separating and changing the contour cut path?

bannertime

Right Click > Separate Contour

Edit: Thought you were using Illustrator, this would apply to Flexi.

Last edited:

OADesign

You can do the exact same thing in illustrator.
...Pen / Bezier editing tools are your friends.
In illustrator the workflow might be: Select your art > Choose Object > Path > Off set path. > Un-group. Select your newly created cut contour shape. Use aforementioned pen tool to edit shape to your liking. Then add you "CutContour" Stroke color. Export and go.

I apologize, I am fairly new to Flexi. I use mostly Illustrator. How do I go about separating and changing the contour cut path?

Last edited:

Jburns

You can usually Select just the outline - then node edit and delete what you wish.

On another note - I like your Logo - Is that a Font or Custom drawn?

shoresigns

Since you're using Illustrator, it's worth noting that Illustrator's Image Trace and the Path > Simplify seem to be getting smarter and better with every new update.

rvolkers

When using "Contour Cut" with the contour option, is there any way to make the lines a bit smoother for die cutting? I understand it's following the contour of the letters, but that makes for a bit more jagged edged look. The only option I can see is to make the spread larger, but even with it at 1", it's still wiggly. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for your help!

https://imgur.com/a/oB1acY0
clean up the path in illustrator - copy - paste into a cut layer (Cutcontour) then stroke @ .001 with pure green as a spot color named ( Cutcontour)