Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contour cut with wasatch and sc 540

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by kirkbauguess, Nov 18, 2009.

1. kirkbauguess

kirkbauguess Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Hey, does anyone know how to print, then laminate and then put back on printer and contour cut with Roland sc 540 and wasatch software. I have printed, then laminated the image and it does have a contour line on the image. I can not get it to line up with the cutter marks from the printer. The printer puts 4 round dots at each corn of the image. Any thoughs...

Tags:
  2. bbeens

bbeens Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Kirk-

Check out the help file in Softrip. It is fairly detail when talking about cutting. Check the section titled 'Device-Specific Instructions for Print now, Cut Later (automatic registration)'.

One thing to note, when opening the file before printing did you see the 'marching ants' where your cut paths should have been. You might need to change your spot color in your design app to match what Softrip is expecting 'Cutpath', or change the Cutting Options in the Print -> Setup window - make sure 'Process Cut Paths' is checked.

Hope this helps-

Bryan

3. kirkbauguess

kirkbauguess Member

Sep 5, 2009
    I saw the marching ants, will cut fine it I don't remove from printer..just trying to make small decals

4. abadsvt

abadsvt Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Are you using versa works? If so I can tell you how i do it? Let me know.

My bad just noticed you said what kind of software you were using. I only know how in VersaWorks but somewhere there should be an align box you click and it will put alignment marks on the vinyl. Also you need to tell it to print only but still have the cut-contour border on. Then you laminate and re-insert back into the printer and then click cut only. Its all in the settings area so i would image that your software is similar. Good luck and hope i helped somewhat!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009