• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting from photoshop to flexi

brad daggy

I designed a logo in photoshop. How do I create a contour, save, and import into flexi 8, and then create contour for rip?

OADesign

I'm assuming you have a good handle on photoshop and
I'm assuming your graphic is on a solid or transparent background.

Take your magic wand tool and select the transparent area. Then select the inverse. Your logo should be selected. then go to your paths palette. from the option menu select "make work path". You will get a dialogue box that will ask for pixel tolerance. I usually stat out at .5 and play around till I get a good result. Then once you are satisfied with the result, choose file > export > paths to illustrator. Save the file. then you can import the AI file into flexi to use as the contour path. If the path is not spot on you can always edit it in flexi.

Another way would be to just use the pen tool in Flexi to draw the path then use it as the contour shape.

hope that helps.

brad daggy

thanks for your help. But when I create a work path, it only exports the outline, not the image I need to also print.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I designed a logo in photoshop. How do I create a contour, save, and import into flexi 8, and then create contour for rip?

Assuming the Photoshop work is a bitmap...

Import the file into Flexi.

If you want to contour around the image and not the image's bounding rectangle, do Bitmaps->Make Transparent and select the background.

Select the image, transparent or not, and do Effects->Contour Cut.

Send everything to the RIP and Print. It will sort out the contour from the image for you.

And there you are...

OADesign

thanks for your help. But when I create a work path, it only exports the outline, not the image I need to also print.

I assumed you had the flexi part figured out. Once you save the graphic, you need to import it into flexi as well. Then place the outline over your graphic. Then as I mentioned before use the outline as you contour shape.