• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cutting on a sp-300v

broli4000

Hey everyone,

We just bought our first printer/cutter secondhand, but we need a bit of help in learning how to contour cut from illustrator.

any help,
Matt

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from Reading, PA..................................

Where's Delta ?? Is that south of Lancaster ??

Didn't the people you bought it from give you any support ?? Reason being.... that's pretty much a totally basic question for someone at that level.... owning that type machine ??

petepaz

when you make your cut line you have to make that a new swatch color and change the name to CutContour (type just like that) and change the color from process to spot color
the actual color doesn't matter
do a search there are some threads on this
also won't the person you bought it from help get you going
i would have told them that was part of the deal for me to purchase

broli4000

Well, we got no support, and I am used to using flexi to do my cutting

Yes, delta is right below lancaster, right on the MD/PA line

Sign Works

The CutContour swatch is on the Versaworks CD. Your Versaworks quick start guide tells you how to set up cutting paths in Illustrator and Corel draw.

cgsigns_jamie

Well, we got no support, and I am used to using flexi to do my cutting

Yes, delta is right below lancaster, right on the MD/PA line

If your used to using Flexi then why don't you. You can use flexi to rip and print or design in flexi and export to VersaWorks...

broli4000

Well I'm with a new company and we don't have flexi and right now, we don't want to spend the dough to buy it. We do have the Adobe Creative 3 series.

All we got with the printer was the cable to hook it to the computer and what was in it the last time it printed. Apparently the owner himself bought it. So there is no CD, no manual, no extra blades, nothing.

At this point, I was able to get a copy of the manual, driver and know where to get all the rest of my supplies, but I still don't have what the CD had on it (I'm assuming it is versaworks). Now I don't want to pirate anything, but can someone make me a copy of the CD? If we need to buy one, that is fine too, but I just need to know where to go (my local Roland dealer??).

Thanks for all the help, we will keep plugging away and see if we can get the printer to even print first :smile: