• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour offset too large

Z Force

I am trying to create an outline on this image using X3. The C works fine, but the MS says "contour offset too large". Doesn't matter how small I go, it doesn't work.

Any ideas why?

Attachments

• MSC1.jpg
    MSC1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 380

neato

Check to make sure you are applying a contour to the 'outside' of the graphic rather than the 'inside'.

Z Force

okay, i'm a rookie....

When I zoom out, I can see the nodes that need cleaned up, but when I zoom in to do it, they go back to looking normal.

Make sense?

Attachments

• MSC1.jpg
    MSC1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 353

Shovelhead

You're not done cleaning up anyway...........

smooth these areas out first and see what happens.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 275
The C works, but the MS doesn't....so apparently the graphic is in 2 pieces that you are applying contours to separately. Try this...select all and go to arrange/combine...then try to apply your contour. May not work, but worth a try.

Shovelhead

That's a frequent COREL problem........

learned the hard way said:
The C works, but the MS doesn't....so apparently the graphic is in 2 pieces that you are applying contours to separately. Try this...select all and go to arrange/combine...then try to apply your contour. May not work, but worth a try.

if a line of text is converted to curves and combined, it must be
brokern aprt and each character contoured individually..........
unless you have FLEXI then you wouldn't be contouring in
COREL anyway.

Flame

Uh..... I can combine text (converted to curves of course) and add a contour. Just did it to make sure. The only time I have ever gotten that message was if I am trying to make a contour to the INSIDE. The cause could be that you have some stray node throwing everything off or your contour offset is too large (you might have typed 1, rather than .1, I've done that).

Just some of my ideas. Good luck.

Shovelhead

I don't believe I stated every time..............

Flame Master said:
Uh..... I can combine text (converted to curves of course) and add a contour. Just did it to make sure. The only time I have ever gotten that message was if I am trying to make a contour to the INSIDE. The cause could be that you have some stray node throwing everything off or your contour offset is too large (you might have typed 1, rather than .1, I've done that).

Just some of my ideas. Good luck.

I said frequently..............

edwin

Went to a siminar/sale speech thing this morning for X3. He talked about a Boundrie control tool (Seems to be simular to the conture tool). He also talked about a node reduction tool (this may be helpful finding stray nodes). Have not expeirmented with these tools yet but might would be helpful in this situation.

StanBo

I wonder if I should just re-trace over the existing, then delete the old?

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I thought a nice thanks would be appreciated. I ran into the same problem and retracing worked for me. Naughty nodes.