• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour problem in X3

Flame

Well, I can't figure this one out. I've used CorelDraw 8 for several years now, and liked it. Even better than 10 that I got not long after buying 8. But now I've upgraded to X3 and LOVE it. One problem I've got and can't get rid of though is the durn contour tool isn't working properly. In 8, I could draw a point and put a contour on it, and I'd have a contour that came to a point. Now in X3, it just ends in an ugly blockish square. I'm attaching a quick drawing I made to show you what I'm talking about.

Any clue on how to fix this? It's driving me nutso.

Attachments

• Contour problem.jpg
    Contour problem.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 121

Buddy

Flame Master.......I have a friend who is certified by Corel as an instructor in several versions. He could likely answer your question about the contour trace problem in X3.

If the issue keeps bugging you and you want his email address to ask him about it......PM me and I'll give you his email. Tell him Buddy sent you.

ChiknNutz

You need to adjust the "Miter Limit" as shown in the screenshot.

Attachments

• MiterLimit.jpg
    MiterLimit.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 115

Flame

That's only for a outline, I'm talking Contour. It changed my outline attributes, but I rarely use outlines as they suck when you want to resize an image.

Does the contour tool have an option like that???

Ken

If, when using outlines, you "group" the object and outline -the re-size should work. Yes, it looks to me like you have mitered corners on the left, but that fine point on the right can only be mitered as displayed.
A work-around may be to copy and paste your original object, enlarge, change color and place behind original.
Ken

ChiknNutz

I also use Contours more than Outlines, but Outlines will be okay when enlarged if you select the "Scale with Image" checkbox as shown in the screenshot. I don't know of a similar miter setting like the Outline tool offers.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think the others are right and there is not a setting for miter limits for the contour tool.
One quick fix would be to break the contour apart (Ctr-K), turn on dynamic guides (Alt shift D) grab the top node of the blocky end and pull it out until the dynamic "snap to intersection" hint pops up and drop it.
If you had to do a bunch of segments coming to points it would be better to do it with outlines, as the others suggested.
You could also check out Xara Xtreme - it is cheap, fast, plays well with Corel - has the contour miter options you are looking for and a bunch of other good stuff.

wayne k
guam usa

Flame - When using "contour", the command duplicaes the orignals outline settins. Kill the outline all-together when using countour, or set it to "hairline". The mitre setting should be set to sharp but even when the outline gets larger you still lose the point.