• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contract installation company

10sacer

Hello,

We are a medium sized sign company with locations in North Carolina, Maryland, and Kentucky and have our own in-house installation teams. We are continually being asked to produce and install interior signage, graphics and displays all around the country. Is there a resource where we can find good, reliable installers in a particular region? Currently, we have a need for installation in Detroit, MI and that's too far for us to go and make it feasible. This is a national client with 500 locations around the country, so we are trying to not say "no", but it has to make sense.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
3M has a database of certified wrap installers. Not sure about the other manufacturers, but I'd assume they have something similar. I think there's a fee to access it, but (to me, anyway) that beats hiring someone who ends up not knowing what they're doing.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I seem to remember there being something like this, some kind of installer map network thing. Not finding much online though.

Found a couple random ones:

This would be a nice feature to add to Signs 101 (Similar to how Sign Syndicate has one set up on their site).

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think that info is part of a companies' secrete sauce. Most of us have done trial and error finding good wholesalers. It's 1000 times harder building a list of trusted and dependable installers nationwide. I've gone through A LOT of disappointment, $$$, trial and error trying to establish a network of installers I can rely on. I'm not sure many companies would be willing to share their list... one of those reasons being we don't want them to get too busy for our stuff!

I will say, if you have small interior work... that's the easiest to sub out. Your franchise sign companies are usually best at that. Might also want to join the sign installers facebook group.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I hired a 3M certified installer one time... They stole my customer. I have never had any luck subbing any work out. That being said, I do quite a bit of install work for larger shops that aren't in my area and I think they do a lot of cold calling to find the shops willing to work. Once they find that you do a good job, you get called regularly.