• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contractor Needed - Simple Stuff..Production Type Numbers

bagdaddys

I am looking to outsource a portion of my product to someone...anyone who may be interested. An aquaintance mentioned that I should check out someone who has CNC Routing capabilities....so here I am.

First let me start off by saying that if anyone has advice on means other than CNC Routing to do this work please let me know....I am all ears.

The finished product that I am looking for is SIMPLE...3/4" birch plywood 23 7/8" x 48" with a 6" diameter hole with all edges 1/4" rounded. Again, very simple stuff. I currently do all this myself (jigs and hand held router)but business is going crazy and I need to free up more time so I can focus on the graphics part of the product.

To get a better idea of what I do you can check out my site at www.bagdaddys.com. If anyone has the capability to do this or can get me in contact with someone who can I would be forever grateful. Right now I am looking to have around 20-30 pieces done per month. My goal by the end of the year is to be up to 50-75 per month. A ton of that depends on trademark licensing but the wheels are in motion.

Thank you for your time.

Pat Whatley

Cabinet shop, definitely. With the housing market as slow as it's been you shouldn't have any trouble at all finding somebody to work with you. You might want to look at having them build the whole thing for you. A friend of mine who makes custom guitar amps did the same thing, just trying to get them to rout the pieces for him to assemble. Ended up letting them do the assembly and everything for only slightly more than they would charge for the pieces and they've been doing a much, much better job than he could do himself.

StarSign

I would love to route them for you however, I think the freight would not make it cost worthy. What is it with these cornboards all of the sudden?

bagdaddys

I would love to route them for you however, I think the freight would not make it cost worthy. What is it with these cornboards all of the sudden?

I like to think its the quality of the product........but in actuallity I think it has a husge part to do with the amount of alcohol consumed at the tailgaiting events where these have become so popular.

signs2trade

We are in Houston and do have the ability to do these for you.

There is however one problem with the dimensions you listed above, If your trying to cut 4 pieces out of one 4x8 sheet you will need to account for the width of the router bit which will give you a slightly smaller end product. Although not impossible it is very impractical to have the bit leave the material and re-enter in a different location.

Feel free to give us a call at 281-999-7446 (We are a merchant member here).

bagdaddys

We are in Houston and do have the ability to do these for you.

There is however one problem with the dimensions you listed above, If your trying to cut 4 pieces out of one 4x8 sheet you will need to account for the width of the router bit which will give you a slightly smaller end product. Although not impossible it is very impractical to have the bit leave the material and re-enter in a different location.

Feel free to give us a call at 281-999-7446 (We are a merchant member here).

Appx how much material would be lost?

GB2

Old Member
Fred, this brings something interesting to mind...since this gentleman is obviously a customer looking to quote some business and not a member of the sign community...would it be possible to have a feature on the web site where customers could request quotes, although of course they would not be members? Their quote requests would have to be clearly designated as a retail customer quote request so as not to be confused with a trade request.

J Hill Designs

I, personally, would call hand-painted bean bag games well within our realm...he is looking to outsource production of the blanks is all, in my opinion

qmr55

I, personally, would call hand-painted bean bag games well within our realm...he is looking to outsource production of the blanks is all, in my opinion

I would have to agree, that's definitely art. Also, very cool! I made my dad a set of Packers ones when I was younger!

LSSigns

completely agree. he is outsourcing one part of his job. i think they are awesome, and they are a huge thing right now.

bagdaddys

Fred, this brings something interesting to mind...since this gentleman is obviously a customer looking to quote some business and not a member of the sign community...would it be possible to have a feature on the web site where customers could request quotes, although of course they would not be members? Their quote requests would have to be clearly designated as a retail customer quote request so as not to be confused with a trade request.

GB2.....what I am creating is a sign of sorts....its not set up in a store front, or on a road side but it is a sign.....that being said you should consider me a member of the sign community. Everything that comes out of my shop is done by the 10 fingers on my hands. No part of that says "customer" to me. What I am looking for is a fellow "sign community" member to offer advice on where i might be able to purchase my "sign blanks", not a finished product. It is absolutely no different than the individual who uses coroplast (or anything else) as their sign medium. I am confident that 99.9% of those individuals do not manufacture the coroplast themsleves. I am sure the purchase the blanks from a supplie or manufacturer.

bagdaddys

...and one other thing....thank you to everyone else for your support and understanding....

GB2.....if you have any questions or concerns about what I do, how I do it and the CUSTOMER who buys my product please feel free to reach out to me.

GB2

Old Member
You sir are a Cornhole Broker as far as I see it...but that is fine, you seem like a nice fellow, I love what you're doing with your business and whether you are here or not is the minor issue and does not alter my life. In fact, if I were closer to you I'd be competing for your business too...but that is more to the point. Your situation brought to mind the idea of having an area where customers could request quotes just as I stated, simple as that.

GB2

Old Member
Oh..sorry, I misunderstood the entirety of his business, somehow I thought he was looking to outsource the boards and the prints. None the less, I still think a customer quote request feature could be a viable idea.

bagdaddys

Oh..sorry, I misunderstood the entirety of his business, somehow I thought he was looking to outsource the boards and the prints. None the less, I still think a customer quote request feature could be a viable idea.

Thank you jhill.

If you would have taken more than one second to read what I wrote and understand what I am looking for you wouldn't need to be sorry.

And please do bring on the competition. It just brings more attention to the superior quality of my product and increases my customer base. Give me a pen and paper or a bucket of paint and a brush and I will put every piece of digital prining equipment you own in the grave.

To everyone else....I sincerely apologize for my rant. Been a long day.

GB2

Old Member
OK, now you're getting a little carried away. Sorry again but manufacturing cornhole boards is in no way, shape or form related to sign making. Just because Ford paints their cars and trucks and puts labels on them...does that make them signs or signmakers? I think not.