Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Font?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Outlaw Graphics 92J, May 4, 2009.

1. Outlaw Graphics 92J

Outlaw Graphics 92J Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Jessup, Maryland
    I have a eps file of a complete font, with symbols and punctuation, and was wondering if there is any way to convert it to a TTF file and use it like a normal font? I am able to cut it as is, but would be easier obviously to have it as a font to work with rather than "clip art". Is this possable?

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    Figure out coreldraws ttf export - you can do it, but it will probably take some work

3. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

It will be a pain figuring out the kerning but it is possible with Corel. It would be cheaper just to buy the font if it's not a custom made font.

4. Outlaw Graphics 92J

Jun 10, 2006
    Jessup, Maryland
    I would love to buy the font, but unfortunately it is no longer available. I dont have corel either, is there any other way? Someone was telling me about a program to create fonts, but didn't know what it was called. Anyone know anything about it?

5. Rodi

Rodi Very Active Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Font Forge.

What font BTW?

6. J Hill Designs

Sep 24, 2004
    fontographer also, I think

7. Jester1167

Jester1167 Premium Subscriber

I doubt that a font would no longer be available. There are alot of great font experts here. Give us the name and post a picture of it and I bet we can find it for you.

8. conwaycopies

conwaycopies Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Yea Fontographer allows you to create fonts and specify all the parameters like kerning and such. Not sure how much it costs though.

9. dbenec

dbenec Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I use an ancient version of fontographer on the mac. that's it's sole purpose is to take vector objects and make complete fontsets. It's a full blown program that you can specify kerning pairs, etc.

here's the link to the newest version of the program

http://www.fontlab.com/font-editor/fontographer/

10. dbenec

dbenec Member

Aug 28, 2007
    oops - a few people beat me to the fontographer post. there's the link to it anyway

11. Outlaw Graphics 92J

Jun 10, 2006
    Jessup, Maryland
    The font is called Marker, It was on a Omega disk that is not available anymore, so I have been told by many people while trying to find this font, I have been looking for a year now with no luck. Anyone who knows anything about it tells me it isn't available anymore. I was sent the complete font in EPS form the other day and it is usable, but I would like to have it in a font form.

12. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    post a sample. I know of at least three or four fonts that look like magic marker.. Is that like the one you are looking for?

13. visualeyez

visualeyez Member

Jan 23, 2007
    harbor
  14. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    Here's what marker looks like. I've made several quickie casual fonts with CorelDRAW. You just have to manually space them unless you have one of the font programs for kerning

Last edited: Jun 18, 2009
  15. J Hill Designs

Sep 24, 2004
    My omega (1.56) has it...probably cant send it tho

16. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    the font is still available, it's just a gerber font and isn't in a ttf format....i'd either have someone typeset what you need, or try one of the font generators mentioned above....

17. Outlaw Graphics 92J

Jun 10, 2006
    Jessup, Maryland
    Here is a sample of the font.

Attached Files: