Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting word to a pdf

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by LMSigns24, Jun 16, 2008.

1. LMSigns24

LMSigns24 Active Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Pa
    I have a word file that needs to be converted to a pdf. There are about 9 pages. What I did was, copie dit into illustrator and then save dit as a pdf. The onyl thing is, each page is separate. How do I keep it all in 1 file?

Tags:
  2. peavey123

peavey123 Active Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    LMSigns, what version of Acrobat do you have? If you have 8 or 9 you will be able to select your files without even opening them, right click and convert to PDF and they will all be put into one PDF doc.

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    If you have Acrobat installed and can't find any other way to do it from Word, just issue a Print command and select Acrobat PDF as the printer and you will get all pages in one PDF file straight out of Word.

You can do the same thing from any program that prints. We do our invoices in FileMaker and when we need to email an invoice we just select Acrobat PDF as the printer and get great results.

4. activitydude

activitydude Member

Jan 8, 2008
    You can get a free plug in for Word 2007 that lets you save Word docs as PDFs

5. flyinhawaiian968

flyinhawaiian968 Member

Mar 12, 2008

Heh, so long as you're not trying to print a pdf file to a pdf file! Had a friend who bought a pdf file of an r/c plane plan and couldn't remember the password to edit it, so we tried to print it to another pdf. Acrobat 5.0 did NOT like me trying that one! Ended up having to wait 2 days for a reply from the company to get the password again...

Chris

6. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    just get the pdf password remover..