• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Copy right or trademark logos illegal

Mosh

uh, yeah, back in the 90's "calvin" gave me "excusive rights" for me to pee on any logo I want too!!!

visual800

Just remember that 99% of these people telling you how pure they are and that they never use anything they aren't supposed to have hundreds of fonts they downloaded from dafont.com (or any other free site) they never paid the commercial licensing fee for.

as always!

visual800

let me clarify something on here. I do not dealve into the disney junk I dont profit off of goofy peeing on cinderella or calvins peeing or do I have a ebay biz on the side selling large bad *** decals that say TAP OUT, TAP IN or TAP THIS whatever the hell they logo is.

BUT make no mistake if someone calls and has a tire co "as the one Im doing now) and wants 5 tire logos on rear utility door Ill do it. Im not gonna kill half a day calling each distributor and asking for permission and whatever else goes with it. Now I guess I could say "I cant do these until I see you have written proof of usage" but Im not gonna do that. and neither will 95% of other sign folks. I am gonna get the logos and cut them or print them and get this job done.

Can you imagine how many jobs would be halted over asking permission to use this or that? Within common sense this is much more than putting Pluto on a daycare sign which is something I just would not do.

How about using the equal housing logo and the FDIC on signage? How many of those have we all done without thinking anything about it. I notice now most real state compnaies have to put REALTOR by their name. I jusat ordered 5 sets of cards for a new real estate company with the equal housing and REALTOR log wihout even thinking. and had to download at brands of the world. Did you see me on the phone calling these two entities? no it didnt even occur to me

I do bank signs with equal housing and FDIC. Same thing. If you really looked at what we do during a day of design you don't catch half the stuff that supposedly would be considered "copyrighted stuff".

If your gonna get on here and preach about all this "do right" stuff make sure its all across the board. 100% I bet you anything your gonna start thinking about all the small elements we all use and dont think a thing about them.

signage

Visual this may one day bite you in the a$$. I have had insurance companies give me the independent insurance agent logo, to only find out that the one they gave me was not the correct one and if I had used it they would have been made to take it down and change it! Some of these organizations do go around and check these and make sure they are using the correct one. Some also change them every couple of years to keep a fresh image. So going to BotW you do not get the correct one which may bite your customers a$$ and get them mad at you for not using the correct one! stepping off the soap box

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Again, anyone..... do as you see fit.

Breaking the law because it's convenient is not a very good excuse.

Yeah, I'm hungry and have no money, so I'm only gonna steal half a loaf of bread and four slices of meat.

The bottom line is.... anyone who haphazardly turns their head and takes the easy way out is still at the end of the day..... breaking the law.

There are two ways to this. Right or wrong. So, if you choose to do it wrong, please don't defend breaking the law for whatever careless reasons you have. Just please keep them to yourself and stop trying to make someone believe your weak excuses.

You wanna ruin someone's life or business.... PM them, but don't pretend to be a martyr and write this stuff like it's the way some of us doing it by the book are doing it.

Yes, I ask ANYTIME and EVERYTIME someone has a logo that's not theirs to show me proof before I will duplicate it. Besides, then I get the correct and most recent rendition to use. It takes all but 2 minutes, unless you are inadequate on the use of a telephone.

Once more.... it has nothing to do with getting caught doing 60 in a 55 zone or use of Fair Equal Housing logo. It is pure and simple... stealing someone else's work or copyrighted material is against the law and if you're too lazy or afraid of losing a sale because it's inconvenient... go get a job at a tanning salon where you don't have to ask questions.

As for being fair, don't worry about the people selling them on e-bay or other places. It's still illegal and if you copycat their business model... you're no better than them. Besides.... why worry about them ?? Get your sh!t together and run your business on the up & up.