• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Copying your own layout

Jeff

RVC 2014 squad jpeg.jpg RMH 2014 squad jpeg.jpg

We have lettered 4 vehicles with this layout for RVC, most recently a 2014 Ford SUV.

RHS gets a 2014 Ford SUV and has seen the RVC squad. RHS contact RVC to see who lettered it.

RHS contacts us; they want something like the RVC squad.

We tell them we will design something. They want it “just like” RVC’s. We explain; that’s RVC’s layout, we don’t make it a practice to copy a layout/design.

RHS tells us they received permission from the RVC Police Chief. They really like that design. We try to steer them in a different direction. RHS compares it to ordering a graphics kit from someone like “Galls”. Same design…different name.

RHS says; ” If we go somewhere else, they will copy this design…won’t they?”

I didn’t necessarily like doing this...did we change it enough?...does it matter?...what would you do?

Jeff

Techman

Quit arguing with the check book holder. Do the job and get paid. This is not world class classical art. This is nothing more than some lettering and graphics on a car. Those vehicles will be long gone in 3 years along with any memory of who else has the same design.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
My only hesitation would have been the Police not wanting rent-a-cops have their "look"
I think if the police chief is okay with it... why not?

But deep in my gut, my design sensibilities would be I prefer to design a new one.