• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

COPYRIGHT Logo prints...How is THIS possible?

wrapman jamz

I just heard that the "Disney" theme wrap is in a body shop yard. Totaled...

So, as another poster mentioned, what if it was in a wreck.

I hear it had sparkles and each of the Disney girls characters down the sides.

Like Snow White, Mulan, Ariel & some others. Ouch.

OldPaint

ive painted many cartoon characters on roundy round stock cars......WITH OUT LICENSING!!!
it no big thing.........TILL YOU GET BUSTED!!!!!
the people doing what you have pics of...........are all illegal. the only things i really refused to do in all my years, is HARLEY!!! they will find you)))))). and they have no sense of humor.
ive done Yosemite sam, taz, bugs bunny, elmer fudd, foghorn leghorn ect. but never got in trouble. reason being, it was a small town tracks, cars didnt last more then 2 seasons.....so what the heck, they was happy and i got more money.......

AUTO-FX

yeah, i hear ya - ive painted the Taz , Beavis and Butthead, didnt even think about it,cash on the barrel head, but that was all small stuff. But these are like Billboards !

G-Artist

According to sign and print industry trade mags there are several companies that actually pay folks to have their car wrapped (the wrap is free) with a corporate logo or product promotion.

There are some caveats like the car has to be in traffic for X-hours a week, safe and courteous driving, etc. but it is a good deal. College kids snap at the chance to have their paint-faded beaters wrapped plus get income.

The first few batches that were done many years ago were VW beatles. That I remember.

wrapman jamz

Wow! I just got back from Youtube. Typed in "DONK"

They're using everything you can imagine. Maybe open a franchise called "Cash & Deny Signs" Why didn't I think of that? :doh:

ucmj22

I usually just contact the companies when I do something like this. Most of the time they are fully cooperative. they usually ask to see the final design and have to ok it first, but usually they dont mind. Free advertising for them.

signswi

Call me old fashioned yo, but I don't see how pimping fruity pebbles and cinnamon toast crunch strengthens ones street cred...

You're old fashioned

Attachments

• 000460281255285254.jpg
    000460281255285254.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 116

Craig Sjoquist

Yea quite a few here with same non-sense advertising a candy is common lol well what ever floats your boat

Yeaa I'm cool I'll show up at my gals house greet the dad n mom and we'' will party all night long in my .....BABE RUTH candy bar car ....lol loll lol me bad me bad oh yeaa oh yeaa lol lol

CentralSigns

Disney Deals

Hey guys I got a customer with a blanket approval from Disney. Seen the paperwork as well, but only briefly. Should have wrote down contact info. He runs a diving company, Navy Seal Trained as well. He does almost anything that can be done underwater, his brother is in the Gulf with the oil spill stuff. Anyways he has a panel truck with a 25' box. Disney has allowed him to use any scene from the Disney Little Mermaid Movie on his truck, I think he said once he decides they will provide the images for him as well. They have also agreed to pay for the imaging on both sides of the truck. Cool deal. I'll have to make some inquiries where and who authorised that sweet deal. If he talks I'll be sure to share. I thought he was full of it till I seen the paperwork. Keep you posted.

visual800

If the door aint cracked don't push it open. back in the day i would airbrush anything and not worry. Some people just stir the pudding and cause an uproar. If mars, inc aint got nothing better to do than to bust a sign company in greenville, sc for doing a Reeses car, than more power to them:clapping: