• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

coral draw 9

ford

i am using coral draw 9 ,and when i am ready to cut in sign tools 3,I keep getting a box that pops up, error:unable to create cut-file.Please ensure that yout coral draw hot key for file export is configured as CTRL+E . It tells me to save my work and then suts down.What do i do?Never had this problem before.I have a PNC 1000 CUTTER can any 1 help thanks

Lance

We ran our PNC1000 and 1000A directly from CD9, and later from X3 without any hassles.
Set the cutter as a printer, and print to it.:thumb:

Hopefully OP will chip in with some advice on the subject.
He seems to have a little knowledge of these apparatus.:notworthy:

7oaks

Try resetting corel to original workspace. I have been running corel 10 and signtools3 and a pnc 1000a for several years. (hold down F8 and start corel)

or reinstall signtools. you could contact signtools in australia. They have always been helpful.

Ken

ford

when i try to cut to printer it says (you must enter a driver name) it has 2 boxes that are empty 1 on top of the other what goes in them?

ford

how would i copy in coral ,and paste in signs tools 3.I have a small box about 3" tall 2" wide where in signs tool 3 would and how do i paste in tools .

signmeup

Is the problem that you can't get the design into sign tools 3, or you can't get sign tools 3 to cut the design?

ford

i have reloaded coral 3 times amd signs three times allso but when i try to cut the a box pops up and sats save your work then the other box pops up about hot key

signmeup

how would i copy in coral ,and paste in signs tools 3.I have a small box about 3" tall 2" wide where in signs tool 3 would and how do i paste in tools .
Select the thing you want to cut in Corel, click "copy" from the drop down "edit" menu. Open sign tools 3 and find the "paste" command. Click paste.

ford

did that went to signs toos 3 and there is no place to paste i get a box with 7 boxes in it they are1.shades&dec
2.text tools
3.design tools
4.product tools
5.set units

6.cut

7.about signs
i see nowhere i can paste to signs tools 3

signmeup

So you can't copy and paste items in Signtools? Weird....most software will allow that(right click, paste). Sounds like your issue is getting signtools to cut though, not getting the file into it to be cut.

OldPaint

DELETE SIGN TOOLS...........and cut right from corel!!!!!
go to www.rolanddga.com and download the driver, install it like a printer, connect to printer port...
MAKE SURE YOU ASIGN A HAIRLINE.........to anything you want to cut from corel.

J Hill Designs

outline @ hairline (like fill, but outline...) ie make a box, assign it a hairline outline, then print to roland and it will cut the square - thicker outlines wont cut

ford

on the printer it says Device Independent Postscript File (when i click print a new screen pops up and says print to file i dont want to print to file i want to cut . i have deleted signs tools 3 but still dont work have no idea what to do

ford

tryed that putting a hair line around item i want to cut and when i say print it says what file do i want to save to

OldPaint

www.rolanddg.com
is where you will find it under SUPPORT!!!!
the one you want is a exe flie ...d029270j.exe (310KB)
D/L IT, into its own directory, RUN IT......and it will open a buch of other files.
now go to ADD PRINTER.........when it asks for location of printer HIT HAVE DISK, then direct machine to the directory YOU PUT THAT FILE...........and install the driver for the PNC-1000, PNC-1000A..........then tell it what PRINTER PORT YOU HAVE IT ON........and that will work